Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What do you guys think of Skytec & RCL speakers?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What do you guys think of Skytec & RCL speakers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 10:01am
Berhringer arnt quite as bad as Skytec/RCL....i dont think you can get much worse...or maybe i shouldnt have said that......que the list of all-time crap speakers.....
Be seeing you.
richard stringer View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richard stringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 10:46am
Originally posted by tweeter box tweeter box wrote:

Tell him that Skytec are the best and to try and build another stack!

I don't have to tell him, he's gonna keep building up his stack, still think that people coming to his party look at the stack and think "mate, thats cool", but I said to him about a 2weeks ago, people dont wanna see a big stack, then wanna come into a club and say "my god that little stack is throwing that kind of volume, jesus". He's buying more every month and keeps bragging how he'll soon have 4k. I just think to myself "oh dear god, some people are just so silly with their money". Maybe I should print this topic out and show it to him.
major_gloom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote major_gloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 11:19am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

......que the list of all-time crap speakers.....

we were given some carlsbro w bins a few years back. we didnt even plug them in , we burnt them one cold night , they went up a treat, kept us warm for hours .

i believe skytec burn particularly well too.
AlfieDring View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfieDring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 11:22am
Yeah do that!!

I was at a free party on new years with three rigs, two were hornloaded homebuilds not really run properly and one was a void viper system (subs tops and poles off a single 3chan amp) The entire night the void smacked it and put one of the "proper rigs" completely to shame. The other lot got their act together and eventually had better low bass than the tiny system but never got anywhere close to the clarity.

You should dig out that thread about the "wizzard"? Guy who built a stack of 4 15" scoops and about 24 red SOUNDLAB "full rangers" (with 18" cone, piezo horn and row of piezo's in each?) and ran it all with no crossover...

Alf
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 11:25am
Would that have been somewhere in Norfolk by any chance Alf?
Be seeing you.
intensesound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intensesound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 11:29am
sky tec speakers are a low budget cabinet with cheap componets, they have basic crossovers if you can even call them that and drivers are terrible and to top it off you recieve a piezo for horn if he has not got a compression horn in them why has he not blown them i had a pair of skytecs that a friend gave to be they did come in very handy on the 5th of Novemember.

But on the RCL subject RCL are a part of DB Technologies which i have to say make great injected moudled cabs. Great top end and a nice tight driver but once again depends on what your going to use the cabs for.

sorry if this is a bid o.t.t but never mindSmile
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richard stringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 11:40am
Not RCF, RCL, you're thinking about RCF which db Technologies is part of. I'm on about RCL the cheap budget version of RCF, kinda copied their name to get people to think they're as good as RCF, here : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-1200W-RCL-DJ-PA-Disco-Karaoke-Speakers-Stands-Loud_W0QQitemZ180258928171QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180258928171&_trkparms=72%3A640%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1308
He uses 15" RCL subs.

Here's their amazing website, I swear they must of spent all of about £10 on the design of their site.

Edited by richard stringer - 28 June 2008 at 11:47am
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 11:59am
is rich stringer toxic?
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richard stringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 12:24pm
Am I toxic? What are you on about?
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intensesound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 12:53pm
THOUGHT i had put rcf lol never mind i no what i meen sorry all for mistake other points of skytec speakers
.make good water features
.coffee table
.portable toilet
.life boat
.rubush bin
good you could go on all day no offence
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richard stringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 1:09pm

Its ok Intensesound they sound alike dont they, RCF, RCL. Next you'll be getting another cheap crappy company calling themselves JBK or Herbosound which might be made of organic materials, hence the name (herb)osound.

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intensesound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 1:23pm
richard stringer

lol then lighting companys will follow lik sartin and ligh bend systems lol someday everything will be made with quality again instead of quantity but we only which.

So what do you do then mate
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>