Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What drivers to use for HD15's in australia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkksyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What drivers to use for HD15's in australia
    Posted: 22 December 2010 at 11:16am
Hi,
I'm thinking of building two HD15's and I'm wondering what would be the appropriate drivers to use which i can get for a relatively cheap price in Australia?
Thanks
onefootskenk77 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onefootskenk77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2010 at 12:43pm
EMPIRE SOUND
GeorgeE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeorgeE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2010 at 9:45pm
That is the problem is Australia, there are so few shops that seem to sell good drivers...
And when you find one, it's really expensive...
The best I've found so far is Cannon Sound - but haven't ordered from them before, still trying to work out my system, haha. http://www.cannonsound.com.au/c/192498/1/woofers.html

If you need RCF/JBL drivers, give Factory sound a call, and they'll work something out for you.

Edit: Links...

Edited by GeorgeE - 22 December 2010 at 9:47pm
arena.lsd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arena.lsd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2011 at 1:45am

both fane and pd are stocked in australia

pm me

www.arenasounds.com
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2011 at 3:03pm
Although a bit outdated now, check the thread at the top of the HD15 section. Dave Slater modelled a really large number of drivers, I would hope you'd be able to find something in there you can obtain.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Keen View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 11:55pm
Darkksyde,

I'm also in aus. Check out Thomann Cyberstore:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/speaker_components.html
Anything under 30kg they post to Oz for 50 euros. And you get a Thomann 3 yr warranty on all products. They seem quite flexible with this warranty. They suggested to me that it may be possible to claim warranty though someone in Aus and send them the quote, rather than having to fork out for postage back to them. Probly need to speak to them in more detail regarding this before buying though.

Also http://www.parts-express.com/ post to Australia for resonable prices as well.

Peace,
Keen

LunchieTey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunchieTey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2011 at 10:31am
Just for future reference, kappa 15lf are available from essential audio, price is pretty reasonable and it is a recommended driver on the plans Big smile
Speaker addict
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2011 at 8:42pm
PD1550! u CANNOT beat it in a HD15 Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply