Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What has made you Jealous recently?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What has made you Jealous recently?
    Posted: 25 August 2009 at 6:20pm
Did speedtest.net on my new net connection, and it came up with 7.36Mbps for download speed. Embarrassed

Did the same test on Mom's Virgin cable line, and it was approx 15Mbps on average. Ouch
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
LjudLahger View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LjudLahger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2009 at 11:50pm
At everybody who have bought them self an Intel X25-M G2 80GB for their laptop and have to tell the world how good it performs! I'm to poor...speakers first!
Saul View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2009 at 12:00am
nothing, ive got a macbook pro.

just kiddin' 
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2009 at 12:38am
Originally posted by Saul Saul wrote:

nothing, ive got a macbook pro.

just kiddin' 

LOL
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
ludofuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ludofuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2009 at 2:58pm
ive got two macbook pro's-Big smile
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2009 at 6:25pm
So have I right now, one is mine and has crashed HD and bust optical drive, one is mates and has bust optical drive and dead battery, I now have mates HD in my machine and a new blank HD in his, and STILL NO FECKING WAY OF RESTORING MY OWN SYSTEM FROM DVDS Angry
Macs never go wrong, till they go WRONNNNG!
My balls would be aching even worse if they were PCs tho.....
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
sKs01 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2009 at 11:55pm
every single pc in the world...
i cant actually watch streaming video the frame rates too slow with the amount of cpu used to run the web browser.
You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
cyte View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 8:40pm
ATI Radeon HD5870
bassmish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

Did speedtest.net on my new net connection, and it came up with 7.36Mbps for download speed. EmbarrassedDid the same test on Mom's Virgin cable line, and it was approx 15Mbps on average. Ouch

when you say 15Mb do you mean Megabit????

It really annoys me that internet providers put 15Mb as megabit, not megabyte, what a con!!! Mb means magabyte surely... so I was very frustrated when I called them up asking why I was only getting 250kbpps on a 2Mb connection and they told me that was as much as I could possibly get off my 2 MegaBIT connection.... I HATE THEM

....What makes me jealous:

The internet connection at my uni, it's got some ridiculous internet connection on connected to the supercomputer thingy, I think I've got something stupid like 100megaBYTES per second from it downloading silly educational programs for horrible linux machines.
BUT it won't let me go on rapidshare and download any films or aything actually worth downloading...

RUBBISH!

that makes me jealous.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 9:42pm
b = bit
B = byte
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by studio45 studio45 wrote:

So have I right now, one is mine and has crashed HD and bust optical drive, one is mates and has bust optical drive and dead battery, I now have mates HD in my machine and a new blank HD in his, and STILL NO FECKING WAY OF RESTORING MY OWN SYSTEM FROM DVDS Angry
Macs never go wrong, till they go WRONNNNG!
My balls would be aching even worse if they were PCs tho.....
I may be wrong as I try and aviod macs..... But, I think you could hold T at startup and put your mac into HDD target mode and bung your data onto the HDD by using it as a firewire external hdd on another machine....

If you want one that work get a Hackingtosh..... OS X on any PC (just don't tel whoevers PC you borrow your plans for it...) LOL
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 11:39pm
Nothing really, waste of time this jealousy business. Sort of wish I didn't have to spend Saturday in my loft DIYing if that counts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>