Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What have you done to your soundsystem today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 58>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2014 at 4:04pm
Today im sending my ohm fl-1400 amplifier to kedward for a proper repair job, after months of saying so.
Nottingham based cab builder. https://www.facebook.com/HMAudio-154352667920145/?ref=bookmarks
This account is used by 2 people.
b grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2015 at 4:00am
Salvaged from my old speaker pile two meh 15 and 1 meh brand (not bad mouthing any brands so will not name) mid top bass reflex. These were purchased early in my sound system adventures. They really sounded pretty bad without a gang of eq. Passive crossover. Just sounded really harsh all the time. EQing it away was not graceful at all. Clearly the comp was just too efficient compared with the 15. not that I expect much from a fifteen trying to meet a 1, but it was poor sounding.

I added an L Pad to the crossover network. Attenuated the comp to sane levels. Sounds perfect (well undreadful at least) now. I did not build anything. I did not buy anything. I did not even unspool any new speaker wire. Just used what I had laying around, and made garbage into not garbage. Sweet.

Yes yes yes, biamping would sound better. But now the thing works properly so why buy the other amp?
mass audio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mass audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2016 at 4:37am
I removed EV stage 200 Grille Cloth, welded gill and recovered. Removed 1/4 jacks and added two 4 pole Speakon connectors
m.a.s.s audio(musically advanced sound system)
Rengade Project View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rengade Project Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2016 at 1:04am
A few weeks ago I purchased 2 Studio R X-8 amplifiers
MUSIC SWEET,www.myspace.com/renegadeproject
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2016 at 11:48am
Bought an SAE PQM8. Will be using it on mids and tops instead of a Matrix XT800 on co-ax tops and Crest 8001/SS CA18 on mids.
Steve20131 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve20131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2016 at 2:14pm
Started building two small distro's and ordered ammeter/voltmeters

IEC & 12v dc outputs and other bits still to do... 

Edited by Steve20131 - 26 September 2016 at 8:32pm
Steve20131 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve20131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2016 at 10:22am
Mixer came today and was looking forward to getting something british and quality but then it says this CryCry

The slider feels chineesy but the rest is'nt awful,  will see how it sounds...
KingGwarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingGwarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2016 at 10:24pm
Finally adjusted my Beyma FD250 crossovers in my midtops to add 7.5db high attenuation as the compression drivers are being pushed a little too loud and giving out a harsh, painful on the ears sound in the high end...always had to bring the high down on the active crossover and on the mixer before...since adjusting the crossovers they're sounding lush! Been meaning to do this for a couple of months now haha...now on to building some hogs...
Soundman inna Brighton town
King Gwarn Sound System
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2016 at 10:41pm
Took delivery of a 12" turbo driver for the floods....

I'm now eating beans on toast for the rest of the week ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
KingGwarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingGwarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2016 at 5:31pm
Finally got round to sanding, filling and varnishing my tops...work in progress though! Need them looking nice in time for a Halloween party tomorrow.

Then need to do the same to my subs before assembling my hog scoops (shout out to Southwest CNC for the wood!).

Apologies for the large and sideways photos....still haven't figured that out!?

Edited by KingGwarn - 28 October 2016 at 5:32pm
Soundman inna Brighton town
King Gwarn Sound System
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 4:20pm

For 2021, I decided to upgrade my power cable to ensure I stay below NEC 5% code. Many tend to stay right at the 5% mark in which, I find unacceptable. Moving to wards a 2 Gauge cable allows me to achieve a mere 1-volt loss (Below 1% under NEC's guideline) based on the length if/when I need to draw 100 amperes continuous per leg within a 120 - 125-volt range.

Best Regards,

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 15 January 2021 at 4:20pm
Elliot Thompson
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 4:25pm
Iโ€™m angling after some Rcf slants to replace my generic 60x40 horns in my vintage rig, does this count? Also moved my Philips MFB monitors to the attic. I canโ€™t get myself to let them go..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 58>