Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WHAT IS THE TURBOSOUND SECRET?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 6:17am
Originally posted by atisimi atisimi wrote:

I thought longer the horn is lower the frequency will be and further will throw with efficient high SPL.
This applies for most folded horn designs.
Therefore 186 horn plan or WSX with over 1.8 meter folded horn length would be over all better bin than HD15 or USB bins.

Reading some outstanding good comments on Turbosound bass bin's (TSE118 , TSW124 and TSW721).
TSW folding technique is very close to single USB bin, it's a bandpass short folded horn with compression chamber on front of the transducer.

All TSW are short horns what is the secret of extremely high SPL? How they achieve "long throw" on outdoor concerts?
Special large driver with the compression chamber on front makes a magic?

If the TSW 721, TSW124 are so successful designs why are they discontinued and today Turbo is only offering the double TSW218?
very small chamber to house the driver = very good SPRING EFFECT = very tight/quick punch etc etc

as for you lot going on about throw.why would you want to throw further than the audienceConfused  throwing it more than 200 meters is no good to anyone

maybe its the name you like most

TUUUURBO SOUND!!!!

what we shoud all do is have all different manufacturers box's in a totaly blacked out room, and one by one listen to each cab...........then give our views without knowing what brand it is
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 6:18am
Originally posted by Bespoke Bespoke wrote:

Dont know why people are sooo Angry on this forum.... He only asked and it goes on all the time weather it be on the forum pages or via PM - Everybody is after everybodies desgin and it will always be that way. Custom drivers helps to stop this but i could go out by any ''pro cabinet'' take it apart and learn from it, you just cant stop it 

Bespoke, are we long lost brothersLOL
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 6:20am
the mad thing is..........if you lot saw the graphs, I don't think you would like the bins lol
nomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 10:05am
if you start with a suitable driver,the bph is not a very difficult design to tailor to your own needs.i got really excited to find some old turbo plans for a 15bph,till i realised it really wasnt all that,and designed my own.that way you get what you want.build quality does,however,make a big difference,and as a diyer its here that i find it hard to make as good cabs as those that come out of properly kitted out workshops(let alone the finishing,but thats another story)
nineleaves View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 11:56am
turbosounds seceret ?

in a Matrix Neo voice:

"Marketing... Lots of Marketing." LOL
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 12:30pm
Quote Thank you for your suggestion "cnics".
If I would like to buy originals I would be discussing this directly with Turbosound sales department.
Since this is a hobby for most us, this is the place to discuss and share plans.

Actually, before you all get up in arms about Rog's response, go and do a search for this new members posts.

Just about every thread has been a thinly veiled request for plans or links to details of the Turbosound bass cab designs.

We do have a (long running) policy about commercial plan requests whether you like it or not, which we do try to maintain.  Can't do anything about the PM's but we can influence what happens on the forum.

Quote Some people just can't treat everyone like they want be treated

And i think the same applies the other way round. You're telling the designer of Void Acoustics (and owner/founder of this forum, and provider of all the plans on the main site, for free...) that its ok to rip off a commercial design (which has just been established that can still be obtained from Turbo), which could equally be one of his Void designs.

Yes, it goes on, but endorsing it is another matter.  Rog might care to comment further....

Edited by norty303 - 03 March 2009 at 12:53pm
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Rog View Drop Down

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 1:46pm
Don't worry its sorted. I've come up with a way to make everyone happy.

Let me know what you think of this plan.

I'm going to buy one of every cabinet from every speaker company in the world, hack them open and get my 8 CAD operators to draw up some detailed plans. Then, and this is the good bit, I'm going to put them on a website for everyone to use.

This next bits even better. Because all the speaker compaines in the world will no longer be able to sale any speakers, they will all go bust and the only speakers that will be available to use in clubs or at concerts will be from the cheap satanic c**ts that wanted the plans if the first place, and they will do such a bad job at copying and building that no one will ever want to ever go to a club or concert again. This is also good for the cock sucking pro audio workers and hire compaines as they will be out of a job too. The only other cabs that will be on offer are even more sh*t cabs from China, but don't worry, as I live here I can soon change that and make them really good. And as I'm such a nice guy I will send plane loads of Chinese workers, who I can train well, to do all the pro audio jobs for everyone in the rest of the world that got sacked.

I'm pleased thats all sorted out and I've found a way out.

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 1:50pm
lol !
H... View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 2:02pm
Top rant Mr Mogale Here Here!!!
Whilst your at it do amps and dsp's aswell, oh and can i have the fornula to turn lead into gold?
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 2:07pm
electro' plating & the ability to run FAST.
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 2:11pm
It's the Blue Paint. Aldcrofts have to handle it with kid gloves and biohazard suits.
Away on extended leave.
atisimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atisimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 2:39pm
Excuse me?
Where is the respect for a commercial design when the owner/founder of this forum, wants to sell each TSW plan for the cost of full retail price of the product?

It is OK to use vulgar words on each others?
Or this is only privilege of the owner / founder of this forum?

Sound lovers all over the world sharing commercial pans and designs on Internet.
Just like sharing and downloading digital files... it is regulated but it's hard to stop it.

Most members sign up on this forum not to buy plan, we all know the option to go and purchase directly form commercial sound company or tear a part boxes and take measurements.

British company's have long tradition building respected sound systems, I'm from North America, saw many members from UK and thought this place is good spot to ask and discuss....

Seems to me I 'm in the wrong place with my request.
I thank for all replay's that kept focusing to give an honest answer on my questions, but I have no respect for the vulgar language and for the person who using it, regardless on he's position and rank!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>