Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What plan for single pd186

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jarba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 9:14pm
Maybe the cabinet has a leak or something? Sounds super unlikely, but that’s all I can think off
Xoc1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xoc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 9:28pm
Well if you are getting anywhere near 20mm peak to peak excursion at 50hz you should be upwards of 120db at 1 metre
Jarba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jarba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 9:30pm
How would I go about measuring the xmax?
Xoc1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xoc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 9:33pm

White dot on speaker - Ear defenders & look maybe!
Jarba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jarba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 9:36pm
I’ll try to figure it out tomorrow :) 
Xoc1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xoc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 9:42pm
As thread xmax is approx 10mm
So 18 sub reflex cab driven to 10mm (grey)and Martinson Roar 18 driven to about the same excursion. Using old 186 parameters I had. Not confident that the 186  would be a good match to the Roar18, it might break, but was looking for solutions that might give you that bit more!
I should add don't test with a constant tone for more than a few seconds & away from the excursion minimum so probably 60hz plus - To get 800w from your CS800 you must be running in bridge mono?

Edited by Xoc1 - 03 May 2022 at 10:14pm
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 10:14pm
PD186 MK1 would "most probably", do well, in the MS-18 MKIII.

http://hornplans.free.fr/ms18.html

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
sarsen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarsen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Jarba Jarba wrote:

Maybe the cabinet has a leak or something? Sounds super unlikely, but that’s all I can think off

The reloop box you have looks an active sub, have you removed the amp module and made it passive for use with your peavey amp? Is the 186 what originally came in the box?

Ms18 mk3 would give you more output than a reflex so could well be worth a try, but again in a small room I would imagine you would get a lot rattling of stuff in the room but not much sense of physical/musical bass in there. I found that 2x15 reflex 'feels' much louder than 2x 18 mini scoops in a small room.

Other things to think about are placement of the sub in room, placement/crossover points of tops, time aligning and eqing to suit the space.  
Jarba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jarba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 10:26am
Yes, the active amp is removed, and it’s not made for the pd186 no. It may very well be the room that’s shitty, we’ve tried moving it around, but we haven’t found a spot to have the sub and get volume in the middle of the room. 
Jarba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jarba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 8:11pm
Yes, I’m running in bridge mono. Maybe the input isn’t hot enough for the hi-z input? I can’t get it any hotter with my dsp without clipping, so I’d have to buy a pre amp or something I’m assuming? I hit 115 dB today. I measured 2-3 metres away from the speaker and got 90 dB. Is the room just shitty then maybe? I was still almost 10 db under the simulation though. It’s weird
sarsen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarsen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 8:33pm
What’s your current signal chain?
Jarba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jarba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 8:39pm
When mixing it’s dj controller->8 channel mixer->Thomann minidsp->peavey cs800. I use the aux send from the mixer into it’s own channel on the mini dsp, so that I can control the bass level on the mixer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>