Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Power Distro Will I Need?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam_Avantí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Power Distro Will I Need?
    Posted: 17 January 2021 at 2:17pm
Easy crew,

Compiling a full MC2 amp rack. (1 x MC2 E90, 1 x MC2 E45, 2 x MC2 E25, 1 x MC2 E15)

What type of mains cable do these amps have coming out the back? Trying to figure out what power outputs I need on my power distro...

Cheers,

Sam

Edited by Sam_Avantí - 17 January 2021 at 2:23pm
Stay Toasty
Sam_Avantí View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam_Avantí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 2:18pm
MC2 E15 not 155... Obviously lol
Stay Toasty
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 4:59pm
obvious solution would be to lookup the specs and see what their power draw is. For tidyness id simply stick them all on a powercon each and get a compact powercon distro. However, on the assumption this wont always go out where there's a suitable single power outlet, you need it to be adaptable to be able to take multiple power inputs to say spread it over 13A sockets. 

Every persons use is different, so how you rig your rack is going to be fairly unique to your planned uses. Quite a setup to be buying for a question like this?

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2021 at 2:46pm

one of these along with enough convertors to step up from 240v 13a plug to a 415v 32a socket would do the job

Edited by 4D - 18 January 2021 at 2:54pm
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
 Post Reply Post Reply