Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What sub under Mt122

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What sub under Mt122
    Posted: 15 March 2009 at 1:47pm

I was wondering what subs are you running under Mt122?

My MT's are stocked with B&C 12NDL76 powered with EV Q1212 and B&C DE85TN powered with Q66.

I am intending to do live bands etc.

Would 2xWSX do fine per one MT122? 2xMT122 and 4xWSX per side?

malina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote malina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 3:19pm

C'mon people has anybody heard this combo?

Will it be sufficient for live work or the WSX will lack the kick for drums?

Deej View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 12:50am
I would be interested to know what people think about this as well. I'm in the opposite position of owning bass bins (punishers), but wondering if MT122s would go well with them? As the cutoff for MT122s is around 130Hz I'm a bit worried that the punishers will honk a bit in this region. 100Hz lowpass seems to be a good crossover point for punishers as far as I can tell.
malina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 9:12am

That would be pushing it  little bit. I think that punisher won't go high enough and MT122 won't go as low. WSX is declared to go up to 150 but never heard anyone confirm this.

My MT122 go down 130 nicely loaded with B&C 12NDL76(neo) and high DE85TN. Loud as hell.

would need at least 2 heavy bass bins for one MT. Also if someone can confirm that punisher or WSX can easily go up to 130Hz that would be nice and also loaded with what. Would realy like the punisher under MT instead WSX bacause the size of cabinets. To point out I am talkin about live work,bands etc. If the PD 1850 was available at normal price in Croatia I would build 1850 horn and that would be it, but the asking price is just to high.

Anyone else? Opinions?

Tibor23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tibor23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 12:25am
I tryed punishers under the MT-122, punisher ofc loaded with 12inc caire. and mt-122 loaded with Paudio drivers.

The punishers sound a bit to raw and won't go high enough for the mt-122.

I use the mt-122 with USB's loaded with celestions what sounds really great...... 3 stacks of usb's on top of each other with 2 mt-122's on top for each side sounds pretty nice.

and if you want to go lower than 45 herz try 2 stacks of labhorns on top of each other and put 4 usb's on top of that....... this will really give some massive low bounching bass with a heavy kick.......

i use the usb's from 45 hz up to 150 or 160 hz, and let the mt's start from 150 or 160 hz.

and when useing theLabs and usb's the labs start at 25hz up to 80hz and the usbs from 80 up to 150/160 
S.O.K.
Hard1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hard1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2013 at 8:06pm
Hey guys, I am a bit old school and not really PA oriented - more high powered playback.. But, I have always used a mid or high bass cab between a sub and midrange in my applications as if you use optimized sub and mid cabs it's a big ask for them to meet in the middle. You could EQ the crap out of it all, but I've never been that lucky or satisfied.

This is something I learned from people like Richard Long back in Manhattan & Chicago in the '70's. I know it's not ideal for PA guys having to lug this stuff around, but you really are only looking for a highly efficient (doesn't mean large) enclosure to do say 100Hz to 400hz and you're done. Of course, you can stretch the upper limit but you wouldn't have to.

I use a 600w rms (8 ohms) 4x10" DR for this at the moment as it gives a good kick and is not too heavy. I've previously used 1x18" DR but it's too sluggish. Of course this is not particularly a long throw solution being a near field configuration but I'm not sure that it has to be in a medium sized venue.

I've also brought back super tweeters, both ribbon and regular and man! Now I realise how much I have hated those CD horns! Back to the active 4-way for me with a 400hz radial, and it's a darned sight more interesting (and simpler) now we have DSP

Told you I was old school, but with Class 'D' amps and Driverack, you can keep your verdamdt active boxes!

Like I say this is a personal opinion and you're all gonna think I'm barmy. Well, yes I probably am. 50 years of all that banging makes my head hurt. Ouch
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2013 at 9:45pm
There are other good drivers for 1850 &186 horns what brands can you get?
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2013 at 10:09pm
lovely stories and all, but the last post in this topic is from late 2012.
Best regards,
Teun.
Hard1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hard1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2013 at 10:35pm
That's not strictly accurate anymore...LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply