Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whens the next scoop shootout?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whens the next scoop shootout?
    Posted: 06 January 2011 at 6:55pm
Title is self expanatory - any plans on one this year with several new designs having appeared?
Sounds and Pressure Lo Fi Sound - Ska, Rocksteady, Reggae
http://www.facebook.com/events/412323448834558/432237103509859/?comment_id=432362186830684¬if_t=event_mall_reply#!/groups/75371249167/
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 6:58pm
in the not to far future i was told Wink
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 7:24pm
Took the words right out of my mouth S&P, This was my next topic i was going to post! LOL Keep us informed Tweet Wink
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2011 at 2:06pm
count me in

new 21'' Scoop called  'Seismic'

smaller than most with an output of a giant, hence the name H-1154mm (45.4'') x
W-636mm Tongue(25.4'') x D-794mm (31.25'')

Edited by mykey- - 16 January 2011 at 4:01am
hmaudio View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2011 at 2:22pm
If its in the midlands count me in! 
Nottingham based cab builder. https://www.facebook.com/HMAudio-154352667920145/?ref=bookmarks
This account is used by 2 people.
YoungBlood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2011 at 3:01pm
hope the way ppl test this time is proper soundman test not flat eq stupid business

each box and driver should push to the limits with people voting
"chyll wynstan.."
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2011 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by YoungBlood YoungBlood wrote:

hope the way ppl test this time is proper soundman test not flat eq stupid business

That won't be a fair test though. If you're really trying to compare BOXES, then everything else must stay the same - driver, amp, and signal feeding amp. 
Otherwise you're comparing different [box+driver+amp+preamp+operator] combinations, and that's like comparing apples and oranges and mangoes. The comparison would be meaningless. Not everyone would be able to buy the box alone and expect to get out of it the performance they hear at the shoot-out.

If it was me running this, I'd say one experienced soundman who's used a wide variety of scoop based systems should set an EQ curve that's agreed to drive most scoops adequately, and that's acheivable on a standard graphic EQ or average LMS, not solely on one custom preamp that not everyone can have. Then every cab should be driven thru this EQ with the same amp and driver. This way the true differences between the cabs themselves will become apparent. 

If there is better performance possible with a certain cab by using a certain preamp/amp/driver combo far removed from the standard setup used for the comparative tests, this should be demonstrated in a seperate test. Then people can decide whether it's worth changing their drive setup to suit the new cabs or whether a different new cab will work well with their standard setup. 

Science need not be your enemy Wink
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2011 at 3:50pm
Tested until flames were spitting forth, lol.
music is the message
RENSAAB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RENSAAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2011 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

count me in

new 21'' Scoop called  'Seismic'

smaller than most with an output of a giant, hence the name H-1154mm (45.4'') x W-646mm 25.4'') x D-794mm (31.25'')

Nice! Which 21" driver Mykey?

Who's conducting this scoop shootout?

"The secret of the Scoop, what a wonderful piece of Science" - Tony ASS.

"when the amplifier and voice coil are in complete synchronicity there is magic" - A Well Respected Amp Guru
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2011 at 5:16pm
'Seismic'   aint you used that name before mike ?
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
YoungBlood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2011 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by studio45 studio45 wrote:

Originally posted by YoungBlood YoungBlood wrote:

That won't be a fair test though. If you're really trying to compare BOXES, then everything else must stay the same - driver, amp, and signal feeding amp.

how can it be same driver for every box when everybody know turbomax no good in small chamber and 1850 best in small chamber full scoop? idiot ting datConfused

you find out which driver best for box and then which box go loudest and deepest without blow up

all rootsman know is when good preamp and strong amp on box is when you really hear it play
can see this shootout ah joke ting already

Edited by YoungBlood - 15 January 2011 at 7:12pm
"chyll wynstan.."
Nitz V1505 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitz V1505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2011 at 8:13pm
Listen Blood ,Studio was saying the best way to test a cab,seen!!!!!! But what are the chances of everyone having the same driver,pretty slim. So the shootout should be the best driver/cab combo like it has been in the past. Bring the preamp but after setting the thing shouldnt be touched (especially by the man like Tweeter!!!!!LOL) for each scoop test. And blood irie up the I self,blessed.

Edited by Nitz V1505 - 15 January 2011 at 8:50pm
LET THE BASS ROLL LIKE THUNDER
& THE TOPS LIKE LIGHTNING.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>