Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to buy warnex

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to buy warnex
    Posted: 19 October 2017 at 7:28pm
Hi, can anyone recommend somewhere to buy warnex in large size tins. Largest found so far is 1kg. Tia
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2017 at 8:02pm
It’s also still water based.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2017 at 11:55pm
Whats wrong with being water based?

If no UK dealer, contact them directly. Note that price is very volume related.
I never by less then 120kg.
How much you need?

Edited by MarjanM - 19 October 2017 at 11:56pm
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 12:00am
It's just nowhere near as good as a decent two part polyurea or Line-X, and the cost savings aren't that great by going with it. There's a place not too far from Southwest CNC that would Line-X a large sub cabinet for approx £90 each.

Edited by toastyghost - 20 October 2017 at 12:00am
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 12:15am
No argue about that, but...
There is always a but. :-) Boxes painted with warnex you can touch up and fix scratches easy, two pack or polyurea not so much. Have you tried sanding down polyurea?
Everything has its plus and minus points. 90 pounds is not bad for polyurea, but not available everywhere.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 12:43am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

It's just nowhere near as good as a decent two part polyurea or Line-X, and the cost savings aren't that great by going with it. There's a place not too far from Southwest CNC that would Line-X a large sub cabinet for approx £90 each.

Polyurea.. great if you do huge volume to warrant £12,000 worth of spray equipment. And I’ve had some line x quotes and they have been much more than £90. £150-300 per cab depending how thick you want it and that was just the outside of cab. The images I sent over of a sbh at the time they said they couldn’t paint the inside as it would end up in a big mess. So can only be good for reflex cabs.

Warnex on this occasion is a clients choice and I believe it’s just because they prefer the shade available in warnex over the tuff cab shades.

25kg would be good. I don’t do a lot of painted cabs so seems pointless storing 120kg

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 20 October 2017 at 12:45am
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 12:46am
PM me and I'll dig up the place not far from you that literally did a batch of subs for £75 a box, genuine Line-X place. Maybe best to outsource. They're bullshitting or just worried, I've seen all sorts of horns and boxes Line-X'd too.

Line-X is not the same as polyurea either.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 12:48am
Originally posted by efinque efinque wrote:

It's structure paint... Thomann sells it in 1kg and 12kg cans.

Cool I’ll probably use Thomann then. Thanks
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 12:54am
Ive got an account with them and can get a price for you but its not cheap, tuff cab is just as good tbh.  
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Timebomb Timebomb wrote:

Ive got an account with them and can get a price for you but its not cheap, tuff cab is just as good tbh.  

Awesome cheers! Partly because one client would like the grey. The grey is a nice one I must admit, bit nicer than the tuff cab grey it’s a bit more blueish. And need some black too just because client specified warnex.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 1:04am
Tuffcab can do any raal. Talk to Andy.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 1:06am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Line-X is not the same as polyurea either.

Its pretty much same as Chemtane 7030.
LineX is just a brand, not different structure, afaik.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>