Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to buy warnex

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDW32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 1:13am
Originally posted by SouthwestCNC SouthwestCNC wrote:

[
Polyurea.. great if you do huge volume to warrant £12,000 worth of spray equipment. And I’ve had some line x quotes and they have been much more than £90. £150-300 per cab depending how thick you want it and that was just the outside of cab. The images I sent over of a sbh at the time they said they couldn’t paint the inside as it would end up in a big mess. So can only be good for reflex cabs.

Line X place in Cullompton near you will 100% do horns and colour match. 

Really not a fan of it though on speakers after witnessing the mess of mixing non line-x cabs and line-x cabs together. It is like they are trying to eat each other. At least you can jet wash a line-x cab :/ 
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 1:23am
Originally posted by KDW32 KDW32 wrote:

Originally posted by SouthwestCNC SouthwestCNC wrote:

[
Polyurea.. great if you do huge volume to warrant £12,000 worth of spray equipment. And I’ve had some line x quotes and they have been much more than £90. £150-300 per cab depending how thick you want it and that was just the outside of cab. The images I sent over of a sbh at the time they said they couldn’t paint the inside as it would end up in a big mess. So can only be good for reflex cabs.

Line X place in Cullompton near you will 100% do horns and colour match. 

Really not a fan of it though on speakers after witnessing the mess of mixing non line-x cabs and line-x cabs together. It is like they are trying to eat each other. At least you can jet wash a line-x cab :/ 

Yeah I’ve heard this too about line-x. I know it was a Devon company I asked for quote from so could have only been cullumpton. The way he explained it to me was that they need to spray at 90 degrees to the panel otherwise you get masses of furring. Obviously in a horn you can’t spray at 90 degrees inside it. Infact they even declined attempting it.

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 20 October 2017 at 1:24am
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 1:31am
If they were my cabs and I didn’t mind waiting a couple of weeks to go off fully I’d gel coat them. Extremely tough and easily repairable. Pretty labour instensive tho.

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 20 October 2017 at 1:37am
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 1:37am
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 1:41am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

You can jet wash warnex painted cabs too. 

Wow, you’d have to pretty happy that all your gaskets/Bolt’s are watertight. And the coating on any steel bolts is free from scratches before doing that!
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 1:50am
Why? Its made from waterproof plywood. You can boil it if you want.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 1:52am
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 7:01am

Tuffcab can do any raal. Talk to Andy.

They can. But give them five goes to get it right and make sure you order plenty cos it won’t match exactly next time...
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 9:01am
Get hold of A&M Coatings in Cullumpton. Used to do loads for me at very sensible prices before everything turned brown.

Line-X that is.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 9:12am
Originally posted by jacethebase jacethebase wrote:

Get hold of A&M Coatings in Cullumpton. Used to do loads for me at very sensible prices before everything turned brown.

Line-X that is.

your line x turned brown?
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Timebomb Timebomb wrote:

Ive got an account with them and can get a price for you but its not cheap, tuff cab is just as good tbh.  

you think warnex is really no tougher than tuff cab?
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2017 at 9:13am

Why? Its made from waterproof plywood. You can boil it if you want.

be rust that id be concerned about.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>