Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to get high quality audio?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to get high quality audio?
    Posted: 29 June 2018 at 9:21pm
hey sorry if this is a super noobie question but where are you actually supposed to download higher quality audio to actually play through your rig   ?? Surely the bitrate would have to be higher than that from soundcloud?
Thsnks in advance am aware I'm asking alot of questions but just wanna get every thing right :) 
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2018 at 9:32pm
i have an account with "i like music" which is a professional music library aimed at broadcasters and commercial music users. Everything is WAV, and its a lot cheaper than iTunes etc - but the GUI etc is not as slick...
but if i really like it i still buy the vinyl.

Edited by csg - 29 June 2018 at 9:33pm
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2018 at 10:06pm
Tidal or Qobuz
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2018 at 10:48pm
Soulseek lol
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2018 at 1:48am
Elliot Thompson
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2018 at 9:17pm
Boomkat or Bleep
Don't test the champignon sound
amlu View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 7:01pm
look for *.flac or *.wav files, not mp3. playing mp3 on a big rig should be banned! :-)
where to look - legal ways bandcamp, soundcloud downloads, artists own websites.
or rip your own cds...
otherwise there is a lot on soulseek or torrents (takes a bit of searching to find decent stuff)
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 10:41pm
i like music- bbc use it
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2018 at 10:00am
Another one for 'i like music'...... Wav files only and only 55p a track when you purchase 100 credits or 48p per track when you purchase 500 credits, almost half the cost of iTunes, Juno etc.

DMC Downloads also have a fair amount of their catalogue available as Wav, they cost about the same as Juno.
www.dmcdownload.com/

Either way iTunes, Amazon etc. tracks are not licenced for commercial use, iTunes T’s & C’s are very clear about that!! Plus the quality of their (and Amazons) tracks is at best patchy and often very poor.

Ripping your own CD’s. 
This is a little off topic, and will probably stir up a bit of a hornets nest….  however , this seems like a good place to mention it as someone has already suggested doing it….

If you are in the UK, you rip a CD and then use the WAV/Flac/MP3 etc. for commercial use i.e. you 'play out' using the files, you technically need a ProDub licence. This licence allows you to legally make copies and “media shift”.

I’m not expressing my opinion on this licence, however it is there and you should be made aware of it.

Edited by APW - 02 July 2018 at 11:12am
 Post Reply Post Reply