Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which 21 ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which 21 ?
    Posted: 11 November 2021 at 10:07am
Which 21 would be your first choice for a low tuned reflex ?
A budget and a more expensive option?
Lets say f3 in the mid 20s upper cut around 55-60 so strictly a sub sacrificing upper extension for maximum boom down low.
Also not trying to compromise on the size in the process so it could very well turn out to be a 500-600 liter box.

smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2021 at 10:53am
NSW6021
21NTLW5000
SAN215.30
Besides those you could also look at ipal, but as you know, works best with ipal amp module.

I just received a 215.30 to test against a 214.50. Note that its not a BR, but of course still curious.
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2021 at 1:46pm
The nsw definately sims the best, could be because its 6ohms. But largely unavailable in Europe it seems atleast where i looked and the price is a bit steep.
The NTLW caught my eye but dont know why the really low weight puts me kinda off ,only 12.5kg . I know that doesnt need to mean anything but well Smile.
Now the Lavoce is really interesting regarding price and specs didnt even take that into consideration.
Thanks !
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2021 at 2:04pm
The NSW indeed is very expensive in the EU. The NTLW is really nice regarding powercompression figures because of their VC design. Note that the Lavoce offering is almost identical to the discontinued RCF LF21N551.
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2021 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Sypa Sypa wrote:

The nsw definately sims the best, could be because its 6ohms. But largely unavailable in Europe it seems atleast where i looked and the price is a bit steep.
The NTLW caught my eye but dont know why the really low weight puts me kinda off ,only 12.5kg . I know that doesnt need to mean anything but well Smile.
Now the Lavoce is really interesting regarding price and specs didnt even take that into consideration.
Thanks !

That would be LaVoce - as distributed in the UK by:

Bishopsound
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2021 at 3:53pm
Also note about the NSW. Its not that good because of its lower nominal impedance, but just overal performance: big VC, Powerhandling, Motorstrength and excursion capabilities. 

Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2021 at 4:04pm
Offcourse it really is a muscle driver , wouldnt think twice if i were in the US.
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2021 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

The NSW indeed is very expensive in the EU. The NTLW is really nice regarding powercompression figures because of their VC design. Note that the Lavoce offering is almost identical to the discontinued RCF LF21N551.
The NSW is available from Thomann's, albeit with a 3 month wait - and a huge price tag (£1,111!) to boot.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/eminence_nsw6021_6.htm
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2021 at 1:21pm
Get more realistic and test the 18Sound 21LW2500.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2021 at 1:22pm
Oh, and why it must be a 21? There is a phenomenal 18 inch from BMS that is actually made for infra duty.

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2021 at 2:15pm
If you,'re in the U.K somebody i know has some B&C 21SW115 Brand new in box for sale if that helps.

Regards
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2021 at 2:34pm
Will take the 18sound into consideration ,
I guess you mean the 18n862, looks interesting.
Why 21 ? I guess it's a matter of size atleast it seems logical it would be easier to go low and loud with a 21 than an 18.
Luton not in the UK...
 Post Reply Post Reply