Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which headphones?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which headphones?
    Posted: 24 June 2007 at 8:57pm
My cheap and nasty pair of headphones are on borrowed time. Need to get some good quality new ones. Can anyone recommend a pair? I was thinking of the pioneer HDJ-1000 maybe??
100% Earth Moving Bass
Rengade Project View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rengade Project Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 11:21pm
Sony,Sennheiser,Audio-Technica all have good models that will perform well.
MUSIC SWEET,www.myspace.com/renegadeproject
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 11:54pm
I would stay away from Pioneer and Sony, people buy them because they think they look the nuts, solid and dependable. What they actually are is heavy and clunky and linkages prone to snapping. The guy I DJ with has been through 2 pairs of pioneers in about as many years.

I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD25s (the one piece smaller ones, not the DJ style) and cannot recommend them enough. Excellent sound, isolation, features like the cord popping out if you step on the wire to save resoldering it all the time, and they don't weight much and feel natural and light.

Go try a pair of HD25s in a shop, you wont regret it

Gramps View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gramps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 12:34am
I've had HD25s for ages, really very good as mentioned above, but  fairly recently got some Sony MDR-V500s. Yep, they do look good, solid and dependable, and so far they are proving to be exactly that! Only thing is that they don't have the cords that come out if you tread on them which could be a problem.

I do think they sound better than the hd25s though, definately better made and clamp to your head abit more securely, so when you play that monster tune and start jumping around like a twat they don't fall off so regularly!
To do a dull thing with style - now that's an art.
Bryan M View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 3:02pm
hd25 all the way!!!

only people i've seen using the sony ones wear pink shirts
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2007 at 7:33pm
Thanks guys! Just as I thought The most popular products are not always any good! HD25s it is then!
100% Earth Moving Bass
Gramps View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gramps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 2:17am
What you tryin to say there Bry, eh?
To do a dull thing with style - now that's an art.
Peter Moller View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Moller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 6:37pm
If its for DJ work: HD25 -
if its for Live work Beyer Dynamic DT770 M.. Bit heavy and big for DJ work, but excellent isolation, well built and sounds great.. List price is slightly lower than the HD25 here..

/peter
real phone no: +45 four zero six two four four nine eight ( using obvious anti phone spam encryption )
Rengade Project View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rengade Project Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2007 at 1:18am
Forgot about Beyerdynamics...Hey Bryan I do not have a pink shirt and many of the reggae DJs in NYC do use Sony but I have never spoke to them about durability, mine are ok, but not everyone treats equipment the same way.
MUSIC SWEET,www.myspace.com/renegadeproject
dunc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2007 at 2:12am
Get the Beyer Dt109 or 110 or whatever they are these days
j_0_e View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j_0_e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2007 at 12:54pm
i got some pink skullcandy ones which arnt so gr8 on bass but gr8 for beatmatching because the treble is so spot on, look hot as anything awell..
Jhodas View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhodas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2007 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by odc04r odc04r wrote:

I would stay away from Pioneer and Sony, people buy them because they think they look the nuts, solid and dependable. What they actually are is heavy and clunky and linkages prone to snapping. The guy I DJ with has been through 2 pairs of pioneers in about as many years.

I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD25s (the one piece smaller ones, not the DJ style) and cannot recommend them enough. Excellent sound, isolation, features like the cord popping out if you step on the wire to save resoldering it all the time, and they don't weight much and feel natural and light.

Go try a pair of HD25s in a shop, you wont regret it

Those are HD25SPs. The HS25s are a bit bigger and afaik a bit louder. I've had a pair for 4 years, Never let me down. Plus you can get replacement parts for them (headband and drivers). Tell me how many pairs of Pioneers let you do that!!!

These are the HD25s.
Until the Lions have their own historians, tales of hunting will always glorify the hunter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>