Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which headphones?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstep77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2007 at 9:04pm
Make sure you get the HD25 with the single cord coming from them, otherwise you end up with cord tied around your neck and then end up ripping of the cans when going for the next record.
They do definately sound the best, but i prefer the sony mdv700 because of the ergonomics of leaning on your shoulder into the can to cue up the nezxt record
Bryan M View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 1:14am
looks like i touched a nerve with the pink shirt comment eh gramps 
Gramps View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gramps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 2:49am
Only because you didn't mention the pink spandex leggings...
To do a dull thing with style - now that's an art.
Insomnia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insomnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 3:24am
Hd25sp or the daddy hd25's

ive had the silver sony ones- but the cups snapped off!! and they are a big headset- go for the the Hd25's u wont regret it!

of if ur going on holiday with BA anytime soon nick them from the plane - thats if u dont mine having british airways on ur headband
PatM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 11:15pm
As the most anoying thing with hd25sp's is the wire...
You can get hd25sp's and modify the cable.  Turn the  cups upside down and use some insulation tape to tape the wire around the headband- And there you have a cheap pair of hd25's.....
HMSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HMSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 1:56am
Sony's have a great bass response but fell to bits when I was working the circuit, lasted a day  I had a cheaper pair of Sennhiesers with single sided pop out cord that lasted for years being thrown about every week. I have a pair of Beyer Dynamic DT770 absolutelty lovelly headphones for comfort and PERSONAL use (engineering or DJing) but I would not reccomend them as a DJ headphone really, so after all that... Cant help you.
godathunder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godathunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2007 at 4:38pm
Im using beyer dt220s at the mo - rather bulky but good isolation and a pretty natural (though not that bright) sound
LOUDER THAN LOUD
kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2007 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Jhodas Jhodas wrote:

Those are HD25SPs. The HS25s are a bit bigger and afaik a bit louder. I've had a pair for 4 years, Never let me down. Plus you can get replacement parts for them (headband and drivers). Tell me how many pairs of Pioneers let you do that!!!

These are the HD25s.

Hey

Just a point of clarification, i'm pretty sure that its the same earpieces/drivers on both models, its just a better designed headband and the wires are handled better. Maybe just the better clamping to your head and better isolation made it sound like they were louder.

In any case, i've had two pairs of HD25SPs then upgraded to the full HD25 version and am on my second pair of them (over the course of 10 years, that is). Brilliant headphones, super tight responce which is great for beatmatching no muddyness, and much better top end than most others i've tried.  For DJing, i've not found anything else that compares.

Their only drawback is a couple of times i've been on less than ideal sound systems, and after you've had them on for a bit beatmatching or cueing up the next song, the main system sounds dull and crappy when you take them off again and you spend the whole night fighting with th eq trying to "fix" it so it sounds as good as the headphones. 

k

Edited by kevinmcdonough - 16 July 2007 at 1:35pm
Jhodas View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhodas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 4:51pm
Hehe. Good one that, Have fallen victim to it myself. Although, The amount of leeway you have with an inebriated crowd is astounding. It's little wonder that small to medium clubs regularly drive their systems into clipping and/or massive distortion. Most people just don't seem to notice. A nameless venue in Huddersfield is notorious for overdriving its rig. The top end sounds like white noise, it's just painful sometimes.
Until the Lions have their own historians, tales of hunting will always glorify the hunter.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2007 at 7:23pm

Hehe. Good one that, Have fallen victim to it myself. Although, The amount of leeway you have with an inebriated crowd is astounding. It's little wonder that small to medium clubs regularly drive their systems into clipping and/or massive distortion. Most people just don't seem to notice. A nameless venue in Huddersfield is notorious for overdriving its rig. The top end sounds like white noise, it's just painful sometimes.

Put them in touch with Dan Compression then
xlogic View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlogic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 12:12am
I am a poor excuse for a DJ not owning a propper set of headphones- all my money goes on rig and records! BUT of the ones I have borrowed off mates I rate the senheisser HD25's the best.
pooju View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2007 at 3:47pm
hd25 all the way, here good things about the beyer stuff,

just to second what everyone has said: stay well clear of the Sonys - had 2 pairs of mdr-v500s at a knock down price lasted 9 months max each, both have snapped in the same place on the can arms - sound ok for the money, but the plastic is crap.

Originally posted by odc04r odc04r wrote:

I would stay away from Pioneer and Sony, people buy them because they think they look the nuts, solid and dependable. What they actually are is heavy and clunky and linkages prone to snapping. The guy I DJ with has been through 2 pairs of pioneers in about as many years.

I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD25s (the one piece smaller ones, not the DJ style) and cannot recommend them enough. Excellent sound, isolation, features like the cord popping out if you step on the wire to save resoldering it all the time, and they don't weight much and feel natural and light.

Go try a pair of HD25s in a shop, you wont regret it

Those are HD25SPs. The HS25s are a bit bigger and afaik a bit louder. I've had a pair for 4 years, Never let me down. Plus you can get replacement parts for them (headband and drivers). Tell me how many pairs of Pioneers let you do that!!!

These are the HD25s.

when i've used HD25SPs the cups can spin round a bit and get you in a cable tangle round you're neck, bit of a ring tickle, nothing major, but not a prob with HD25s, good snug clamp round your lugs.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>