Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

which one??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: which one??
    Posted: 14 September 2010 at 11:04am
do i need mt122 or should i use mt121??

got this so far
8x 1850 scoops
8x hd

not to worried about wight or size, just after a nice sounding mid/top box. would like to use mt122 with hf above he 12" horns
minaximal View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minaximal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 11:37am
i would suggest building four mt122's, that way you should have  good balance and enough coverage, as each cab is 40degrees dispersion, but remember to use a decent 40degree horn top to work properly.. something like the horns i happen to have for saleWink

http://forum.speakerplans.com/beyma-cp750nd-limmer-243-horns-prices-dropped_topic41464.html

Subs + Barges = :)

www.metaacoustics.com

Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by JL JL wrote:

do i need mt122 or should i use mt121??

Personally, I would build the MT121 along with the 12'' horn section seperately, then you'd have the best of both worlds & can choose which ever one to use!

Just lob the 12'' horn section on top the MT121 whenever you need a MT122!

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
JL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2010 at 10:56pm
Cheers guys,
I like your idea tek.,
But ifI do build mt122 could the hf go on top, all built in to one cab.would there be any problems with this?
Do you run the 12" horns parallel with active xover ,I guess crossing over at the same freq. Haha sorry if this is silly q. I'm just learning as I go.

Thanks j
 Post Reply Post Reply