Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why Cerwin Vega SL36/AB36C are not so popular?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTTs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Cerwin Vega SL36/AB36C are not so popular?
    Posted: 11 June 2022 at 10:41am
Hi guys,
I have 2 Original AB36C and I want to build another 2 (i'm from Europe and there are no more, not even used) to stack in 4 with Void V18-1000 and soon in 8, 4 per side , but this have sense or not? Why most people prefer WSX, SBH with kick or other?

I amp the 2 CV AB36C with 2 Original CV1800 in bridge Mode at 8ohm per horn and 6x CVA-28 for the Mid-tops, 3 per side. All the system is setted with DCX2496 Ultradrive Pro and REW with a Microphone.

I like so much their sound, with 2 of them I can have good output from 45hz to 200hz without problem, the bass is nice and the kick part too.
I prefer the quality of the sound over the High Pressure volume, but I have never listened other horn or Hybrid apart SBH, MHB 4818, and Funktion One Stacks (F218/DS15/Res2). So I dind't listened so much Plans to compare.

So, Why is not so popular the sound of this bass-horn? Is it for the history of the Brand or the weight of the Horn or isn't as good as I think? Have sense change completely the PA with another?

I use my PA with Electronic Music like Techno, House, BreakBeat, Drum And Bass, Experimental for 200-300 people and I want to arrive at 800-900 People.

Thanks.
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2022 at 8:34pm
Sounds like you are using them appropriately(45-200hz) and have fixed the main problem they have(oem driver). Everybody else seems to believe CV's advertising that these can do 30hz.. which just leads to repeated blown drivers and poor overall satifaction with the speaker.
TTTs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTTs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2022 at 2:23pm
So it's for disadvantage of the sub frequencies only.
Under the 40hz is very difficult to go in stack of 4 also and after 200hz the horn sounds very honky.

Thanks for the reply.
 Post Reply Post Reply