Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

why doesn't anybody use Dynacord IPX / TGX ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Line Array Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: why doesn't anybody use Dynacord IPX / TGX ?
    Posted: 11 April 2022 at 6:42am
it's pricey but it's easily better value than powersoft X4 for example which everybody uses

these amps have four 80 mm fans for the price of two 40 mm fans in the X4

and the heatsinks are also about 10 times bigger as well for the same price

and it has a freaking high resolution touch screen ( in the TGX )

yet literally nobody uses them at all

is it just because nobody knows about them or is there some other reason ?

best place on the internet >>>

https://dissidentsound.discoursehosting.net
Line Array View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Line Array Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2022 at 8:07am
forgot to add these amps can also be both bridged and paralleled and parallel bridged too

so you could have a single 20,000 watt channel if you wanted to try and fry a Powersoft M-Force for example.

it also has other nifty tech like it is stable into impedances below 2 ohms even BEFORE you parallel the channels ...

the amps are *MADE* in Germany

very cool amps.

why no love ?

Edited by Line Array - 11 April 2022 at 8:10am
best place on the internet >>>

https://dissidentsound.discoursehosting.net
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2022 at 10:06am
I know a few professional users that hold stock of these, most are EV stockists though.

I have a large EV system in a install and have though many a time about changing over to Dynacord.

Having had a quote (I have a direct Bosch EV account) I can confirm the pricing is right!
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2022 at 10:40am
I find it interesting that they use the IHFA-A-202 standard from a defunct institute circa 1978 for their power ratings. The document itself is impossible to find a copy of.

EIA-RS-490 replaced this standard in 1981, and that itself has been superseded by EIA/CEA-490-A. That's how the EIA burst ratings on other amplifiers are measured, so without having the definition of the frequency shaping, stimulus (crest factor and period), and such the power ratings can't really be compared.

Perhaps there's a copy of the standard in someone's library
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2022 at 4:33pm
Depends alot on whats in your area.

In my area its all LAB PLM and a few crowns.
Easy to rent some more if needed.
But TGX is great stuff. Really great Amp. 

Would not use powersoft at all. Not rider friendly here.
M4trix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2022 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Line Array Line Array wrote:

forgot to add these amps can also be both bridged and paralleled and parallel bridged too

so you could have a single 20,000 watt channel if you wanted to try and fry a Powersoft M-Force for example.

it also has other nifty tech like it is stable into impedances below 2 ohms even BEFORE you parallel the channels ...

the amps are *MADE* in Germany

very cool amps.

why no love ?

There is nothing German in them. Even the manuals are written on a paper made in China.
audyowan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audyowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2023 at 12:06pm
Please, the amps are MADE IN GERMANY until now and there's no reason for it to change.   The factory is EVI Audio GmbH, a subsidiary of BOSCH Security Systems GmbH. It's located in the city of Straubing. Approx 330 employees work there. Dynacord employs approx 40 engineers on site for R&D. I visited the plant.
See here
https://audioxpress.com/news/new-dynacord-tgx-amplifiers-for-live-sound-applications
and here
https://www.bosch.de/unternehmen/bosch-in-deutschland/straubing/
They do good job. Really.
ChrisWard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisWard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2023 at 1:25pm
They certainly look the part....says made in Germany on the rear panel....
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2024 at 5:07pm
-

Edited by EmPro - 21 February 2024 at 5:15pm
EmPro Audio
Wikl109 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wikl109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2024 at 8:04pm
As much as I love your work EmPro, and have loved your threads and pictures. I think you'll find it's the other way around.
EV always rebranded Dynacord amps. They were the German brains behind them.
All the crap active boxes EV have released will no doubt be built by a Chinese OEM for them.
Manufacturing in the UK pretty much died a long time ago but the designers are still here.
Your work is amazing and it always brings a smile to my face.
Cheers, Chris.
teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2024 at 8:25pm
danley use dynacord don't they?

dunno, think dynacord still has a bit of a school disco type rep in the UK still

i've never seen a single one nor heard of a single person running them tbh
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2024 at 8:29pm
-

Edited by EmPro - 21 February 2024 at 5:16pm
EmPro Audio
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>