Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why is my screen upside down

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why is my screen upside down
    Posted: 13 November 2014 at 12:12pm
I was just using my computer and went away for 5 mins to pack a parcel. On return the screen is upside down and  the curser is moving "opposite".

I tried turning off and back on. When the first text came up it was righted, but as soon as windows came in it was upside down again.

I'm sitting here with the monitor upside down so I can use it.

HELP.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2014 at 12:41pm
OK, sorted, google is your friend.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2014 at 12:54pm
Classic windows prank (CTRL-ALT and arrow keys for orientation in case anyone is interested)

I think my favourite is the 'Print Screen' of the desktop, and set it as the background image. Then hide the taskbar and desktop icons and watch the victim click curiously for some time, wondering why nothing works....
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2014 at 1:40pm
I couldn't get that to work. Ctrl-Alt-Up just made the screen go blank, and I had to do Ctrl-Alt-Down to get it back.

The answer for me was control panel, select appearance and personalisation/screen resolution. From there Orientation and select Landscape.

The problem was caused because somehow I had gone to "Landscape flipped"

MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2014 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

Classic windows prank (CTRL-ALT and arrow keys for orientation in case anyone is interested)

I think my favourite is the 'Print Screen' of the desktop, and set it as the background image. Then hide the taskbar and desktop icons and watch the victim click curiously for some time, wondering why nothing works....

I have to do that - brilliant, and simple....I have several targets already
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2014 at 2:20pm
Does sound funny, and I was picturing Markie standing on his head trying to read the internet. LOL
music is the message
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2014 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

I used to love doing this to my not-so-techy housemates back in the student days. Entertainment for hours!
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2014 at 6:39pm
Where you connected to an Australian website??   LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
 Post Reply Post Reply