Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wifi remote controller for the Ultradrive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2018 at 9:57am
Looks wicked man! Is this now a finished product? Do you think you will be able to make some to sell eventually? I'd love one at some point
Lasse Lukkari View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 7:37am

I'm now ready to send a few units to selected group of beta testers. 4 are gone but I still got 3 more up for grabs. I'm giving these away for free but in exchange I want feedback. Drop me a pm if you want one. Please describe your intended usage in the message because at the moment I need people who would really try it out. It does not have to be anything special but at this point I really don't want these to collect dust on a shelf if I send you one.

I just updated the Demo UI with the latest build: http://duinodcx.herokuapp.com

Not much has changed. The biggest improvement is the over the air firmware updates that can be now done directly from the html ui. Just drag and drop the new precompiled firmware file and it will reflash the controller.

Edited by Lasse Lukkari - 17 August 2018 at 7:48am
msoundsystem View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 8:35am
Check your pm buddy :) 
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 7:19pm
you may have a few pm's Wink
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2018 at 10:50am
All gone now :) I will create another batch after the first round of initial feedback.
faup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2018 at 3:40pm
Hello,

i got a few problems during compiling the code.

i checked out the git tree today 2018-08-19), which does not contain the /DuinoDCX/StaticFiles.h anymore.
i build my own by using the npm run build and  npm run dist, but my resulting file gets larger than your latest committed ( 3,6 Mbyte <> 3,4 Mbyte ).

Now the Arduino IDE tells me, the result of compiling reaches the maximum memory and fails afterwards.

Could you give me any suggestions, where i can adjust the resulting filesize of StaticFiles.h ?

another solution could be a commit of a smaller SaticFiles.h in repo again.

Thanks for your help

Alex

- Dev Board : http://www.smartarduino.com/esp32-development-board-wifi-bluetooth-ultra-low-power_p95103.html

https://startingelectronics.org/articles/ESP32-WROOM-testing/

BTW . could you find time to add a mseconds view in delay adjustments, would be nice

Edited by faup - 19 August 2018 at 3:50pm
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2018 at 4:45pm
Set the Partition Scheme to Minimal SPIFFS (Large apps with OTA). This will make the flash based files system partition smaller and free more space for the actual app (1310720b -> 1966080b).

There must be something different between our build environments.

When I build the sketch with the default Partition Scheme the output is:
Sketch uses 1306430 bytes (99%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1310720 bytes.
Global variables use 98908 bytes (30%) of dynamic memory, leaving 228772 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 327680 bytes.

I have used the toolchain that builds the static files on multiple different Macs but no on any Windows machine.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2018 at 11:54am
Originally posted by faup faup wrote:

BTW . could you find time to add a mseconds view in delay adjustments, would be nice

I finally had the time to implement this feature. All delays are now shown in milliseconds too. I used the "Practical formula for dry air" and it seems to match the formula used in the actual device really well.

Edited by Lasse Lukkari - 09 September 2018 at 11:58am
faup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2018 at 12:01pm
Thanks for adding this feature :-)
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2018 at 6:57pm
Attention beta testers. The firmware you have displays a false warning about not being able to connect to the wifi network when entering the credentials. Actually the connection works just fine when you see an IP address. 

Firmware updates can be found here https://github.com/lasselukkari/DuinoDCX/releases The upload works more reliably when connected directly to the device wifi.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2018 at 10:53am
Status update:

Feedback from people has been really valuable. A lot of changes has been made to the UI and demo of the latest version is available at http://duinodcx.herokuapp.com

The code seems to work with the latest firmware too but one device with the old 1.16 was experiencing problems. Further investigation is required.

Controlling multiple linked devices requires rs232 hardware flow control. This was kinda surprising because the master device communicates just fine without it. Luckily the MAX3232 has two channels. The other channel can be used for the RTS/CTS signals.

New PCB prototype that has the flow control pins connected to the MCU has been stuck for the past week in china outgoing customs. Apparently it is just some random check. Also the new board now has enough space on both sides of the antenna to follow the manufacturers spec. Two buttons have been added. One fore entering the flash mode and one for doing software reset in case of lost passwords etc.

Edited by Lasse Lukkari - 14 October 2018 at 3:12pm
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2018 at 10:40am
Hopefully the last iteration of the hardware for now:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>