Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wifi remote controller for the Ultradrive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Risc_Terilia Risc_Terilia wrote:

Is it going to be a kickstarter type thing?

So far I haven't planned anything like that. The PCB proto shop that I'm using allows customers to sell their own designs on their website. I could make it available there. I intentionally used only through hole components so that it would be easy to solder without any professional equipment. The passive components are available in most electronic component stores and the MCU module is sold by tens of different chinese vendors and also by german and uk based distributors. Total BOM including postage to Finland is around 10€ for a single device.

I have no intention to make any money out of this project and even less to give any guarantees. I will release the board schematics under the same MIT licence at some point. The license is really permissive. Commercial use without creator attribution is completely accepted.

Added note 14.4.2020: You still need to make the MIT license visible for the software if you distribute it. The hardware is released under Creative Commons — Attribution 4.0 International. The open source licenses do not mean you can claim this to be your own work and all copyrights still hold.

Edited by Lasse Lukkari - 14 April 2020 at 2:31pm
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2018 at 9:02pm
Stupid question..... Is it possible to control several daisychained dcx's with your controller?

Amazing project!
RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2018 at 12:46am
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

Stupid question..... Is it possible to control several daisychained dcx's with your controller?

Amazing project!

They SHOULD inherently rebroadcast a RS485 network IIRC
Lasse Lukkari View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2018 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by bob4 bob4 wrote:

Yes it should support 16 devices but i have not tested this. In the upper right corner of the UI there is a drop down menu called "Select Device". They should all appear there.

I edited the PCB layout so that it uses a ground plane. With these changes the board became single sided. I doesn't really matter in this case but if it would be mass produced the price would be around half compared to a 2 layer design.

Edited by Lasse Lukkari - 12 February 2018 at 5:03pm
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2018 at 4:07pm
Finally managed to put together the first board. Seems to be working fine.

I will most likely change the microcontroller to an older model called esp8266. Luckily it's available with the same footprint. The new esp32 seems to still have many hardware level problems. Although software workarounds for these bug are possible I will rather use a proven design for now.

I will also create a boxed version with cables using the same board. This will be more suitable for touring rack installation and give better wifi range. 

Edited by Lasse Lukkari - 04 April 2018 at 5:21pm
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2018 at 4:18pm
Great work!
Phase 1: Post on Speakerplans
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Profit!
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2018 at 7:03pm
Clap
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2018 at 8:49pm
Let me know as soon as you have the first one ready. Ill buy it.

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2018 at 8:51pm
Top work!
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2018 at 11:18pm
These look awesome. 

I have cash waiting as soon as a version for mobile rack mounted units is available!

So impressed!
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2018 at 6:16am
From the back side

Edited by Lasse Lukkari - 05 April 2018 at 6:16am
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2018 at 6:17am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Let me know as soon as you have the first one ready. Ill buy it.

I will send you one for free once i'm done. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>