Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winding 2 cranks, same direction simultane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winding 2 cranks, same direction simultane
    Posted: 01 November 2017 at 11:02pm
Hi guys.

Has anyone figured the easiest way to raise a goal post with two wind up stands either side using a single cordless drill, I’m thinking of embedding two cordless screwdrivers in to two meters of pipe, but I’m sure there is an easier way, and it’s not nudging each side up a bit at a time by hand as it seems to put a lot of pressure on all the joints in the manual peg and hole type stands I’m using and I’m thinking cranks would be more elegant.

Cheers.

Kev

Edited by kevin tyler - 01 November 2017 at 11:03pm
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 11:26pm
...get someone to stand the other side helping You?

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
kevin tyler View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 11:45pm
Hi guys.

I do everything alone often when the bars are shut, or are being cleaned post gig and My partner has a two hour round trip to the gigs so we compromise, he rolls up when the gear is all done but I’m getting no younger.

Cheers.

Kev
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2017 at 1:21am
Two normal (non cordless) drills somehow attached on both cranks with one remote switch?
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2017 at 2:25am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Two normal (non cordless) drills somehow attached on both cranks with one remote switch?

..some sort of worm drive? You can buy JUST 12v drill/lathe mother off eBay for around a tenner. Just a case of hook up the worm gears. I CHOOSE worm as it's a nice slow(ish) smooth movement with good torque.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2017 at 8:23am
Thanks Marjan

I was thinking maybe two of these semi permanently clamped to the stands with a common trigger could do it.

Are these powerful enough you think ?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-18-Volt-ONE-3-8-in-Right-Angle-Drill-Tool-Only-P241/100342144
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2017 at 9:22am

How about using windscreen wiper motors, they are about £20.00 each new on ebay?

There is a video on youtube that shows a guy making motor powered scissor jacks with them… they lifted a hell of a lot of weight.

Something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxhBMiyy3y0

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2017 at 9:27am
Hi guys

I have the millennium wind up stands, they are fine for my use, 4 times a week maximum, and seem quite well made.

Having motors on them will be nice, especially when the crossbar is 12 foot up in the air and someone has forgot to plug the power or dmx cable in

SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2017 at 10:40am
Sounds like you want to find scrap man that deals with electric wheelchairs. they often get actuators off the lifts on them. They'd be ideal. Can get you a number for a guy that has a load. 

mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2017 at 11:14am
I've got it!!! You want electric car door window motors!!!

They already have 90% of the drive much that you need, it's just a case of marrying up that to the hand cranks. All works on 12v so just a case of lashing up either a 12v battery or a 12v wall adaptor to drive them! It's borderline genius.....

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2017 at 12:54pm
Just use truss adaptors that allow the truss to move in them (e.g. not clamp down half couplers), or get the hinged ones.
You can move each side a reasonable way then before moving to the other side.
Much simpler/easier than what you seem to be wanting.
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2017 at 1:06pm
Dc motors wont raise it evenly. But some stepper motors will, they'd need gearing tho. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>