Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WinISD Quick question/help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColinP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2021 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by vertx vertx wrote:

I use this for driver volume calcs - not sure how accurate it is but it's fun:

https://www.diyaudioandvideo.com/Calculator/SpeakerDriverDisplacement/

Ha! Yep that’s the one I eventually found… I’ve also found a few more so going to use them all just to see how accurate they are!
ColinP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColinP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2022 at 9:53pm
Alrighty folks... been away from for a while. Hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year :)

Finally got back to working on this project. spent some more time in WinISD going over and re doing some plots. Ended up with a more stable box, and basically an all round better wedge.

I'm currently in the middle of knocking up a prototype box calculated to 58 Litres (as I simulated in WinISD). The box empty is 64 Litres, minus the internal displacements (driver, ports, handle enclosures, & crossover) of 6 Litres. 

There's a few build pics below so you get an idea. This is the template box im working on. (not sanded or final etc) I will be starting the baffle board tomorrow and working out router crevices.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234