Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WSX Loaded with Void 1000

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MixMan X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 1:28pm

Are there plans for the WSX anywhere?

*MMD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *MMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 4:17pm
MixMan X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MixMan X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 6:01pm

Thanks. Looks interesting.

MixMan X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MixMan X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 7:14pm

Couple of questions.

How low does it go?

Is there any need for the rebate where the speaker mounts? I can't see it doing anything really?

How would this compare to the Punisher?

tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by MixMan X MixMan X wrote:

Couple of questions.

How low does it go?

Is there any need for the rebate where the speaker mounts? I can't see it doing anything really?

How would this compare to the Punisher?

It goes to 40hz ish. Ive heard two indoors. Its about twice the volume of a punisher so expect to use twice as many punishers to keep up,the cutoff on the punisher is slightly higher to near 45hz or 55hz too.

Centauri View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Centauri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by MixMan X MixMan X wrote:

How low does it go?

In a stack of 6, they get nicely into the 30s 

The rebate is to prevent the cone slamming into the baffle.  An alternate solution would be a 6mm or 9mm ply ring between the baffle and speaker.

Cheers
Graeme

MixMan X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MixMan X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2005 at 2:48am

Ah, so the basket sit outside the rebate. Makes sense now. Could be an interesting project.

AgentRied View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentRied Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2005 at 6:44am

An alternate solution would be a 6mm or 9mm ply ring between the baffle and speaker.

Not if your using the Void Driver, if you were to make a 6 or 9 mm ply ring it would move the driver that far from the throat which although its not much, will mean the service pannel wont fit on due to the size of the magnet on the void driver and the depth of the handles. Mine are built with the rebate and you only have about 3-4mm clearance from the handles and the magnet
He Who Dies With The Most Toys... Wins
AgentRied View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentRied Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2005 at 6:48am

In a stack of 6, they get nicely into the 30s

I can imagine... I put mine out with Chilli's and we did 3 a stack and that was full on, 6 in a stack must leave you broken minded and gasping for breath

Edited by AgentRied - 25 November 2005 at 7:11am
AgentRied View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentRied Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2005 at 7:03am
Originally posted by *MMD *MMD wrote:

WSX

http://www.iven.nl/kastontwerpen/kastontwerpenpdf/martin%20w sx.pdf

These are the plans I worked from but be warned the're is missing detail, the throat looks quite simple initially, but there are no plans or measurements for the side flares of the throat which have some really difficult angles to cut.

A hard but WELL worth it project.... cant wait to get them out again tomorrow
Centauri View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Centauri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2005 at 7:56am
Originally posted by AgentRied AgentRied wrote:

These are the plans I worked from but be warned the're is missing detail, the throat looks quite simple initially, but there are no plans or measurements for the side flares of the throat which have some really difficult angles to cut. 

When I initially drew those up, it was just from measurements I could get at on a genuine box.  I never did get around to building any, or converting the drawings to CAD, so never worked out individual part dimemsions.  Glad to see some are working it out ok.

Cheers
MixMan X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MixMan X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2005 at 8:13am

Those angles don't look too bad, a bit fiddly with the angle going in two directions at the same time. I might give it a go after I finish my Punishers.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>