Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WSX or WSXtra?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WSX or WSXtra?
    Posted: 19 September 2018 at 5:36pm
Struggling to find a WSX plan I could actually work from as all links are dead if someone could drop one it'd be much appreciated. Even better a WSXtra plan as that'd save me a bit of time.
dekra54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote dekra54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2018 at 6:46pm
Seems like the WSX is all the rage at the moment LOL

Try googling it there is one site with plans dedicated to horns which has a very detailed PDF.

The only extra on the WSExtra i think is a spacer ring in front of the driver which gives more space for drivers with more xmax.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2018 at 7:51pm
I'm not saying anything... for a change!
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
junoprobelaunch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2018 at 8:20pm
DOH, don't use google but am very familiar with that website and shoulda checked before asking on here but thank you anyways mate.
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2018 at 9:52pm
Ironicly I'm sitting in this one to watch it escalate to at least 3 pages before anyone is helpful.

Ironicly of course...

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 5:09am
Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

Ironicly I'm sitting in this one to watch it escalate to at least 3 pages before anyone is helpful.

Ironicly of course...

Big smile
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 7:05am
I'm gonna ruin that for you ;)

hornplans.free.fr (get the pdf)

Then again, in the previous topic it was also overlooked.
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 7:22am
but comes up top of the list if you google it "wsx speaker plans". If only someone had suggested that, would have been really helpful. Tongue
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 8:57am
Originally posted by mini-mad mini-mad wrote:

Ironicly of course...

But double ironically you've taken up a post with non helpful information now Big smile And now so have I!
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 9:06am
WSX - Original with RCF Driver
WSXa - Newer with New driver, same as the ws218x and a spacer ring.
WSX Extra - same design as above but with a Void driver.

This is the only 3 versions of the cabinet that I know of. Please note the WSX Extra is a free party name and is not assosiated with anything Martin Audio.

Again I will stress..... Please take a bit of time to consider if the WSX is the right box for your needs.

PS BrokenJoe has some fully built working boxes with the right drivers for sale in Birmingham. This will work out cheaper to buy than it will to build.

All the best.

Jason

Edited by jacethebase - 20 September 2018 at 9:16am
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
junoprobelaunch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junoprobelaunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 1:55pm
Thanks for that and yep, after pretty extensive research I do indeed believe they are exactly what I need at the mo. Where exactly can I get a spacer ring ? Is it something repurposed ?
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by junoprobelaunch junoprobelaunch wrote:

Thanks for that and yep, after pretty extensive research I do indeed believe they are exactly what I need at the mo. Where exactly can I get a spacer ring ? Is it something repurposed ?

You think Martin Audio are just going to "repurpose" something they had lying around when upgrading a professional, high output subwoofer to take advantage of newer, higher excursion drivers?

No - it'll be a CNC'd piece of the same plywood used to manufacture the rest of the cabinet, sized to do the exact job it's required to do.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>