Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

x1 cones

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x1 cones
    Posted: 26 February 2005 at 4:22pm
were building a couple of x1 cabs, and weve got some Eminence Omega Pro 18" 800W cones. how would these sound in the x1s?

any opinions would be welcomed

cheers
mans1000 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mans1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2005 at 6:30pm
You'd be better off with Void 18-1000
simon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2005 at 2:45pm
i know this, but we have the omega pro's herewhich we can power at 1200w each.
mans1000 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mans1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2005 at 3:40pm
I have Omega pro's in my scoops powered with 1200w each and they sound really good.I have also used them in a BR cab and they sounded really good too.I don't know if they would too sound good in an X1 tho...The X1 being a bandpass design,I would rather put a more powerfull driver in it,but give it a go u never know.If it don't sound good at least you'll have some X1's which u can load with better drivers at a later time.
Soll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2005 at 4:47pm

Hi, I am taking the cones out of Scoops (to Bl**dy big), The X1 was just what i am looking for in turms of respons and size. 

I will let you know how we get on, Post some pics.

Has anyone had any experance with some of the other band pass boxxes on this site?

Thanks.

tb_mike View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb_mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2005 at 10:23pm

With bandpass you can simply expect less quality,while the more resonant and 'peaky' the resposne is,the worse the sound gets. But if SPL and chest rattling bass is what you like,it should work.

Centauri View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Centauri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2005 at 3:23am
Have run a simulation of the OmegaPro 18 in the X1, and it would appear to work - sort of.  Tuning will end up a fraction higher than the P.Audio driver, but the main problem will be running out of excursion with the Omega around 50Hz with only 230W 

Cheers
Graeme
spOnge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spOnge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 5:36am

to Centauri:

From your reply it seems that you can anwser my questions: When is speaker DAS 18G running out of Xmax in the X1 cab? Which program do you use to simulate that??

Thanks for your replies a lot.

Cheers.

Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 2:08pm

Eminence Sigma Pro has bigger x max of 6mm instead of 4.8mm the Omega has.But 3 inch instead of 4 inch voice coil that the Omega has.

Wonder how well the Eminence Sigma Pro 18 would sound in the X1???

Post Reply Post Reply