Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X1 in for a refurb.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X1 in for a refurb.
    Posted: 01 July 2020 at 4:12pm
Hi Guys. I have four X1 cabs in for a refurb and reload. Owner wants Void v18-1000 in them. But does there exist any other modern drivers that works like a charm in this box ?

Also, there are No handles in these puppys. Owner wants me to put handles in them. Im thinking two handles each side in the chamber. Or is it enough with one each side ?

cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 8:42pm
i have one handle per side in mine.. it's fine. they're a 2 man lift.

v18-1000 is the proven driver. or pd1850 i believe. i've never tried any others.
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

i have one handle per side in mine.. it's fine. they're a 2 man lift.

v18-1000 is the proven driver. or pd1850 i believe. i've never tried any others.

What are you using? Steelbar handles or cut out with back bowl? Im a bit concerned about taking up top much volume with a large back bowl of wood.

V18-1000 has the lead then :) not that expensive either.

Edited by FOO - 01 July 2020 at 9:10pm
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 9:32pm
my first pair i put bar handles.. they were my first ever build. they don't make sense. build back boxes. the x1 is big, no worries volume wise for some handle boxes.

if photobucket wasn't fucked i could dig out some pics..
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 10:00pm
Penn sell plastic back bowls for around a quid each. Much easier. Im working my way through a box of 100 at the moment...
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 6:23am
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

my first pair i put bar handles.. they were my first ever build. they don't make sense. build back boxes. the x1 is big, no worries volume wise for some handle boxes.

if photobucket wasn't fucked i could dig out some pics..

Why dont they make sense? Because they only Work in one way ?

Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

Penn sell plastic back bowls for around a quid each. Much easier. Im working my way through a box of 100 at the moment...

Are those bowls stiff enough to deal with the pressure inside a box like this?
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 1:19pm
Yes. Countless pro manufacturers use them or similar.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2020 at 5:31pm
Guess its good then. Thank you for the tip :)
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2020 at 6:21pm
So.... I got my hands on four Void V18 for these X1 and loaded them.
But one question comes to mind.. shouldnt there be damping material on the inside of the front panel and in the inside corner of the front chamber?
Digbethdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2020 at 7:33pm
If they are to original plan, I'd just put castors on the back. The ports are good enough handles for getting them onto wheels. And also for stacking them up.
Half the time handles are never in the right place. 
I believe the original plans had no wadding 
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2020 at 8:03pm
As far as i can see, they are made to original plans. 
Regarding handles, they are needed. They got fullface grills, so a bit difficult to grab the ports :(

I just checked the original plans. No wadding. But i have seen a plan on another site where wadding is added. I will stick with the original then.
edboom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edboom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2020 at 8:21pm
In the construction guide, Rog puts wadding on some of the inside cab walls. It's not exactly the same cab, but it's very very similar.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>