Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

x1 need 2 men to lift?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBanyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x1 need 2 men to lift?
    Posted: 13 December 2004 at 8:54pm

Just picked up the pre cut wood for x1 cab. I now relies these are big cabinets, they must way a ton with the speaker in.

Does it take 2 men to lift one of these cabs?

I doubt whether I can lift this on my own.

I hope to have the drivers sent to me by Christmas, then early next year I can test my first 4 HD 15 and 1 x1 for the 1st time.

The web sit great and you have all been really helpful for me to learn more.

Thanks

Jez_Ultra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jez_Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2004 at 9:02pm

what do you mean you don't think you can lift one - what kind of wimp are you. 

you'll defo need two people to carry the X1 safely

Exodus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exodus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2004 at 10:42pm
Wheels and a ramp are the way forward :D
Hobbyist2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobbyist2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2004 at 12:23am

I never realized how big the X1 was until I built my first one. Sure I can lift one myself, but only while severely straining my back. I've been thinking about casters, or some sort of rolling platform the same dimensions as the X1. Just need to find some casters that won't vibrate with the bass coming out of this monster.

Andrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2004 at 8:52am

What do you mean you can't lift one single handed, eat shreadies and you should be able to carry two X1 at a time!

I've got castor plates on my 2 x 15" reflex cabinets, and found that the spring catch vibrated, needed a little bit of blue tack.  I'd already taken the castors off, but it may well have been OK with them on.

The reflex cabs are about 20" x 20" x 40", with the castors you can move them around any level surface, and they can just about be tipped, and stacked one above the other (20" dimension) single handed.  Castors are definitely the way to go, but they do take additional storage and transportation space.  I think there is a picture somewhere of X1 with castors published.  Let us know how you get on with the X1 and HD15 combination, and how well they wheely work.

Mal X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2004 at 1:12pm

i have 8 X1's with 4" adam hall casters on the back of them. they are very high quality and have never rattled. i can lift them by myself when stacking the rig but it is aways easier with 2 people. casters are a must though for £20 you save yourself alot of hassle and pain.

mal

Mal, how loud was that!!!!!!
Jez_Ultra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jez_Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2004 at 9:28pm

however they don't work on grass, mud or in forest clearings.

Mal X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 9:01am
ah very true, had a nasty experience at the last festival that i did, luckly i put the rig off the ground on pallets else i would still be digging it out of the mud now!!! the pallets sunk by 3". At the derig i ended up laying a walkway of 8'x4' sheets to cross the mud to my truck.
Mal, how loud was that!!!!!!
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2004 at 1:54am
Well a trolley with flexible nylon rope with hooks at each end to secure speaker while moving it would sove the lifting problem-----unless u have to carry them up flights of stairs----either get a stair climbing trolley for that or two people.

Edited by ToXiC
kersley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kersley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 3:40am

Hi All

How about a design that is smaller and lighter but with the same sort of output ??

anyone got plans ??

cheers

djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 2:16pm

'A lighter design'?

You could always make it out of cardboard!

Sorry, couldn't resist it

Timber_MG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timber_MG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 2:28pm
Smaller, yes, but with the added bonus of a higher fc. To make it really ligth you could considder a composite material, but now you're talking money.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>