Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X1 Pics & info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jogge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 8:36am
Hi folks,

before the hack, i read that 1 X1 can outdo a G sub.
The G-sub is very similar to the 'Zeck 218' sub.  We use 1 'Zeck 218' sub with one 'Zeck Focus 21522' top a side for gigs up to 1500 people indoor.  That is 2k a side or 4k total.  The Zeck subs are loaded with RCF L18 P300 drivers. The venue can be up to 25 X 15 meters.  And it sounds loud and good.

So if the X1 is as loud as the G-sub and the G-sub is similar to the Zeck 218, I would say 1 X1 a side with a good top would be sufficient for a gig as i described above.

Here's a picture of our carnival in februari 2003. Not as loud as Rog's but it was nice.
http://www.delandloepers.be/album/albums/userpics/10002/bu s%2022-02-2004%20036.jpg

2xZeck 218 + 2xZeck 21522 at the back of the bus.
4xZeck 218 in the bus.
4xZeck 21522 on top of the bus.

I guess about 13k

Regards,
Jochen
Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.
Jogge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jogge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 8:39am
Link seems to be broken.

This on should work: carnival

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.
whitehousejamie View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 10:55am

Hi Jochen,

What do you cross your subs over at though? If its around 140 - 160hz, you can get away with doing live band work. But....as the X1 is crossed over at no more than 80hz, you need a design like the HD15 to cover the kick drum area and up to around 140hz. If you run your MID / HI's down to 80hz, you wont get much kick, especially if you are using a 12in Mid driver.

Jamie

Dedreun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dedreun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 9:04pm

Thanks for replying.

E-mail notfication not working? Anyway,

maybe i gave the wrong info. (I`m not english)

This link will show the active set they have.

For bigger events they rent.

Is it correct that the X1 has to be crossed at 80hz?

I`m looking for a sub that goes to about 200-250hz.

I alway`s filter out frequency`s below 40hz on the main and monitors. (rumble)

Qoute: "you need a design like the HD15 to cover the kick drum area"

Exactly! 

So, we just want to add 2 subs to get more low end.

Dedreun

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 9:11pm

Hi,

Yes, the X1 will only work up to 80hz. The only designs that will work up to 200 - 250hz are Reflex type designs, which wont be as efficient as a Bandpass or Horn.

So, you just want to add some low end to your exsisting system?

Dedreun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dedreun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 9:30pm

That`s correct Jamie,

I understand now that a bandpass won`t do the job because of the narrow band. We also would like to keep it compact. W-620mm - D-566mm -H-600mm would be ideal, but the hight can vary. It`s for small gig`s and we don`t like to carry to much. (Who does?)

Do you think a simple reflex can do the job?

The Lem Pegasus set is also a reflex type.

Thnx. Dedreun

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 11:56pm

How about just copying the subs you use at the moment, giving you 2 per side? If not, you can download WinISD and design your own cabinet.

Jamie

Hobbyist2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hobbyist2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 2:27am
Hi,

My first X1 is finally complete, and I have to say that it truely is a Bass Monster. Well, in the sense that it blows away my first reflex design. I think I'll stick with the 2-X1's per side with 2-HD15's and 1-X12 on top. This was the most interesting box I've built to date, but I'm anxious to finish my set and start on the HD15 to cover the 80hz-150hz. Thanks again Rog, great design. I have to say that besides the great sound, these plans are rewarding to build.

dlsbobby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlsbobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 3:18am
Hobbyist, glad to hear things worked out. I take it you're happy you went with the P-Audio driver? I wish I'de have known about them before I bought all the Eminence stuff. Where did you end up buying it from? FWIW, I finished one HD-15 and it's a good little thumper.(Kappa pro 15LF). Are you going to put the C-15 600EL in the HD's? I think I remember Rog saying that it was the best driver for that. When you build the HD-15 let me know if you had to modify the baffle. One tip on the HD-15, make sure your access panel is large enough. I know that sounds stupid but you have to tilt the speaker forward towards the baffle to install and I made mine an inch too short and had to re-cut. Rock on, Robert.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitehousejamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 4:45am

Hi,

As you are using subs underneath, the C15 500LF is the best driver for the HD15.

The 600 EL driver would work, but has a higher Qts and lower BL, meaning it will have less control of its cone.

In smaller stacks of HD15, when not using subs underneath, the BM 15LF is the better choice, as it goes slightly lower.

Jamie

dlsbobby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlsbobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 5:09am
Jamie, thanks for correcting that. My bad. Rock on. Robert.
Carl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2004 at 7:26am

Hi all,

I have built a pair of X1's and they are very much to my liking!

As for the casters, i have just put them on the back, two of them on the door offcourse.

I have made the door as wide as the cab. so i have a little more space then in the original design here.

If an experiment goes well, something is wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>