Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X1 Sizes for use with a 12" driver

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csijo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2005 at 6:27am

OK i supposed but while i dont find the rigth sizes for build a god sub box for my drivers was the only thing that i thing.

So somebody can help me to design a god box for my drivers i will appreciate. The driver is an audiopipe TXX-F12 and the specifications are here:
http://www.rnlaudio.com/audiopipespecs.html
the pic is here:

If is more easy do a simple box like the next picture for this driver i will appreciate that somebody help with the rigth sizes for this model.

Thanks

Jose Ortega

Audio Fanatics, Bass lover
LunchieTey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunchieTey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2005 at 6:43am
The box sizes I suggested on the first page should work reasonably well. Download WINisd and play around. But do not expect pro sound output levels! 
Speaker addict
csijo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csijo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2005 at 10:18am

Thanks LunchieTey

I have a question in the message that you refer the sizes are in liters how i convert that to the sizes in cms for all the sides of the Box?

I want Know the sizes in wide, High & deep something like that:

Thanks LunchieTey you are the only one with enough interest to help me

Jose

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunchieTey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2005 at 8:13pm

Just get the volume-lets just use 70litres as an exmple. There's 1000cm3 per litre so that's 70000cm3. Pick two dimensions you'd like to use for the box-for example 40 and 35cm. So you just divide 70000 by 35 and then 40,that'll give you the final dimension. this gives 50cm. These are the INTERNAL dimensions and the volume of the speaker itself and ports etc must be ADDED to this.Then you'd do the same for the 30litre chamber(keeping two of the dimensions-35&40cm gives you 21.42cm) WinISD can show you the dimensions anyway,by just entering two dimensions(which is why I keep saying to download it!) 

So you'd end up with a box(using 18mm wood) about 77cm high by 38.6 wide and 43.6 deep(not including speaker dispacement and ports) Divide this box into a 50cm and 21.42 cm chamber and cut a hole in that divider for the speaker.

Speaker addict
csijo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csijo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2005 at 9:24pm

[QUOTE=LunchieTey]

Thanks again Lunchie Tey

I use WinISD Pro, there appears the Txx-F12 but the results are volume = 65,47 & tuning frecuency = 30 Hz but no show the sizes for the box.
After I download WinISD beta and show me a sizes that I don’t feel shure with the sizes: W: 0,445 X H : 0,690 X D : 0,281

And now the sizes that you give me show a big rectangular box, Wow is big i was thinking in something like these:

If possible change the High for more deep to try get a more square box?
Almost all the boxes that i see for 12" drivers have sizes between:
34cm x 34 cm x 34 cm like the  BC Speakers SUB 12 or
35.5  x 42 cm x 48 cm like the Eartquake Magma 12 or
43    x  43    x 42 like the Subsonic XS1 or
35   x    45   x 30 like the Ciare BR011 
50  x  60  x 40 like the Ciare BR030
44 x 54 x 41 like the Ciare S01.2
59 x 45 x 50 like the Fostex W300AII

What do you think what do you suggest me ? I will prefer some box more square or if i go to do a big boxes maybe the punisher model for 12" drivers will work?
http://www.speakerstore.nl/constructions/speakerstore/Punish er/punisher_bouwtekening.jpg

Thanks

Jose Ortega

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunchieTey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2005 at 1:29am
The actual dimensions don't really matter,It's the volume of the box. You can change any dimensions you want so long as the volume is the same and the port sizes are right. WinISD allows you to change the sizes and the others will change with it. Also the boxes you listed are not all 6th order bandpass,some are for home theatre too so are not a comparison. Don't forget to add the volume of the ports etc to the box size.
Speaker addict
csijo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csijo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 11:12pm

[QUOTE=LunchieTey]

Ok Thanks Lunchie ,
excuse me my delay to answer, I was out of house for some days
here is the box that you show me

looks a little high is posible use 50cm for the high but then change the other sizes.
If I use 50Cms which are the sizes for the other sides?
and for the vents where should be located and the sizes for that?

csijo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csijo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2005 at 7:14am
[QUOTE=LunchieTey]
Lunchie Tey i make this design with new sizes you can review to ensure that is correct ? i use 70,79 liters instead of 70
the sizes are: h 52,09 x w 43 x d 45 cm and for the other chamber h 15,50 x w 43 x d 45cm ok very god .  But now i want know the sizes for the ports i want use port similar to the X1 enclosure let me show you a draw

Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunchieTey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 7:28am
The X1 uses 'shelf' ports(using a piece of wood as wide as the front). If you use the 45cm wide section of the box(internal measurement i assume?) then make the port for the large chamber 3.5cm wide and 38cm long with one brace in the middle (like the x1 ports) and the port for the other chamber 3.5cm wide and 210mm deep.It's not really possible to use bigger ports as they'll be really long(these should be enough anyway) If you want big ports,the box will be much bigger and the ports will have to be folded.
Use 18mm wood for the box(add 18mm thicknesses to the dimensions) and don't forget that the volume of these ports needs to be added to the box too(so your dimensions will need to be a little bigger)
This box will have -3db points of 39hz and 100hz and -10db points of 32hz and 125hz. Continuous output will be about 122/123db or so for each box
Speaker addict
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12