Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

x1 under mini scoops

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Marvin Marvin wrote:

I dont think i will be getting full size scoops just yet if i do it will only be four from shortman possibly.  loaded with turbomax 1200. want to load shortman minis with turbomax1200 is that a good choice?

People are actually still considering doing business with Shortman? Shocked
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 1:10pm

i agree with Lev, scoops will fill most large halls easy thats why i say they are a good all rounder. they have throw.
So Lev, most of the wine bars/ clubs in the westend i do i dont have space to stack 4 scoops. stacks of 1- 2's mainly. Thats why i was thinking to put x1 under minis for height and  more spl so where a stack of 2 full scoops would be i could have a stack of 4 18"s 2 mini's and 2 x1, any good? or just use all mini's?

Dont think you should mix scoops and X1s. If you want scoops to drop deeper, you use more of them. If you want X1's to sound louder further away, you use more of those.

For winebars/very small gigs, you could get away with 1-2 stacks of 1x mini scoop or X1 + 1x 2x15+compression driver mid top. Tek can tell you stories about 2x mini scoops being too loud for many places.

Some of the name brand 2x15 passive reflex cabs  can take a lot of power, when not used for sub. Especially some of the JBLs/Peaveys. They just need B&C Comps Wink.

Edited by levyte357 - 17 April 2008 at 1:23pm
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by adambomb adambomb wrote:

I dont think i will be getting full size scoops just yet if i do it will only be four from shortman possibly.  loaded with turbomax 1200. want to load shortman minis with turbomax1200 is that a good choice?

Why wouldnt they.

I just recently done business with Shortman, and have you seen the lush flare mids that they are? Wink
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by tweeter box tweeter box wrote:

Originally posted by adambomb adambomb wrote:

Why wouldnt they.

You know why they wouldn't, its been covered on here many times. Im not saying its true but people claim that shortman owes alot of people money and its also been said that theres no guarantee that you'll even get the cabs you ordered after you pay him.

Edited by Jake_Fielder - 21 April 2008 at 1:44pm
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 1:41pm
Well i aint getting into this arguement again.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 1:44pm
Yeah, sorry tweet, i know you're not trying to argue, and im not either. I dont anything about the situation and Im not saying its fact. I just ment that you do know why adam said that. Dont worry about it Thumbs%20Up

The last thing i want to do is bring all that to the surface again, but theres no point in denying it.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 1:48pm
*back on topic*

Marvin: if you were to use X1 and shortman minis then you would need to use them in different frequency ranges otherwise you'd get unavoidable cancelations. Id depends how high the minis will go whilst still sounding good, You want to run the X1s from 30Hz-to about 60Hz so then the minis will be from 60Hz - however high they go?
Marvin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 11:48am
All i asked for wa advice on using two types of bass cabs.
I have done business with shortman because his work is outstanding and you do get results from his cabs. I have paid and he has delivered on three occassions. Last one was close to the deadline but he came through and i WILL  continue to do business with him and recommend his work.

Adam
Keep answer simple YES or NO?

Have you do work with Shortman?
Has he taking your money and not delivered your goods? (answer depends on question 1)
If answer is NO to both i think you should drop making sly remarks and stick to fact.

What would happen if someone started a thread saying you were gay and not to do business with you. How would you like it? It is easy to critise people especially when they are good at what they do. Take some advice Dont judge people on fiction ALWAYS get the facts and REMEMBER there are two sides to ever story. Have you heard his??

Edited by Marvin - 18 April 2008 at 11:50am
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 11:56am
I recon that (in my opinion) theres too much overlap to get the best out of these cabs, you wouldnt get their potential, the mini will go almost as low as the x1 and x1 wont go as high as the mini.

You could do a test and tell us, have you got either of the cabs? (you could talk to tweet, he has minis)
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 12:16pm
jeeez...

Guys honestly... we all know the stuff that was posted about him.. I just thought I would remind you (just incase you didn't know).

That's all.. Don't know him, never met him, never done any biz with him.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Jake_Fielder Jake_Fielder wrote:

I recon that (in my opinion) theres too much overlap to get the best out of these cabs, you wouldnt get their potential, the mini will go almost as low as the x1 and x1 wont go as high as the mini.

+1, but I wouldnt run x1s or Minis above 80hz.
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 12:35pm
+1 to that too.. seam like they cover the same band to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>