Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X1 with 15"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (Ales) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X1 with 15"
    Posted: 11 June 2007 at 3:56pm
Hi all,
I need some sub for my home system. X1 looks very good for me but problem is that 18" driver are very rare here in Slovenia and they are too expencive.
I have tought that i might use 15" driver, but I dont know how would that work. I think that box is than too big for 15".

Thank you for answers.
Have a nice day, Ales
KenTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 5:47pm
so, a band pass 6 do u need. u could built one, but u must calculate everything in a soft designed for desingining bins. BassBox6 Pro is quite good. what driver do u intend to use ? what 15" ?
(Ales) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (Ales) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2007 at 7:39pm
Hmm I dont know already. I have wrote a letter to some shop, so I will see what i can get for some good money.
have a nice day, Ales
Mike Severloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Severloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by (Ales) (Ales) wrote:

Hi all,
I need some sub for my home system. X1 looks very good for me but problem is that 18" driver are very rare here in Slovenia and they are too expencive.
I have tought that i might use 15" driver, but I dont know how would that work. I think that box is than too big for 15".

Thank you for answers.
Have a nice day, Ales

Hi,

out of curiosity, I designed a BP6 cabinet for a single 15" LF driver.
The goal was to have a very low frequency sub to put aside a drum riser on a stage. Chassis was a cheap car sub chassis for less than 100 Eurs, but should also work fine with a state-of-the-art BMS 15n840 neo 1200 W monster.

In the end it turned out so big that an upgrade to 18" is possible, BMS for example, again. Rehearsal experiences showed it was worth while to try, made my drummer´s day.
Volumia are 140 and 50 l, tunnels 260 and 400 cm², both ones 39 cm in length.

If anyone´s interested I´d recommend the admins to move this thread to the "other plans" section, to a thread named 15" BP6 sub.

Would that meet your needs ?

Edited by Mike Severloh - 21 June 2007 at 1:02pm
Mike Severloh.
 Post Reply Post Reply