Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X10 vs mt122 what would you use to go with ES18BPH
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X10 vs mt122 what would you use to go with ES18BPH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 11:29am
Also, it sounds like you need to hear more sound systems as you seem a bit lost with the kit you are hoping to get (I've seen a few of your posts)! no offence intended!
MT122 are quite a tricky build without much speaker building experience or woodworking skills have heard (I wouldn't even attempt haha)
Also need to look at time alignment with the hornloaded speakers with 2 different typres of bandpass speakers too. if you knew all this already then sorry to be patronising :) 
HTH
You can't polish a turd!
C-Audiofreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 1:05pm
The second recommended p-audio driver on the plans.
Building them for me is no problem as I'm a skilled carpenter with workshop facility if I need it no I'm not yet trained as a Jedi in rigs but I know I will need to set up delays for all the cabinets will cross that bridge when I get to it thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 5:52pm
Hey cookie as I can gather the correct kick bin or mid bass cab to put with the X1 is the hd15 though if I'm building four X1 I need 8 hd's so to combat having to build/store 8 cabs I was told to build the es18 bph which to me looks identical to half of a usb (dedicated kick bin) so two of these a side surely would be adequate to cover kicks I have already built a pair of X1 and doo intend on two more when funds allow please advise me otherwise what you would build above the X1 subs as clearly you are far more advanced in this field than I and In order to become as clued up as you are I have to start from my humble beginnings as a rig builder (my first major rig) and learn from you and the other big boys to one day be as good as you every body has to begin somewhere I just want to get it right
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 6:11pm
i'd say es18 will be fine. mt 12 section will go down to about 150hz so that's where you want to take your upper bass up to. if it'll go higher, all good.

cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 6:14pm
ES18 is a cheap and easy build, can also be loaded with a variety of cheaper drivers and can be used as standalone bins without sub for smaller and less demanding applications.
You can't polish a turd!
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 6:17pm
what sort of music you going to play through your rig?
If sub heavy 1:1 ratio x1:es18 is fine imo, if kick heavy 1:2 x1:hd15 better..
regarding tops, you have had a pm, if i was you i would snap these up, no brainer re. build costs etc. ;)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 6:28pm
Rig will be mainly used for live pa with rock pop and indie played through it and also be used for dance trance and house music mixed bag really

Edited by C-Audiofreak - 09 December 2014 at 6:29pm
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 6:38pm
1:1 ratio as said above with either should be fine! X1 and HD are a force to be reckoned with in the kick heavy genre though. 

You can't polish a turd!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 6:41pm
Yes cookie but 8 hd's seriously ? That's a lot of ply and space to be thinking about not to mention dollar
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 6:53pm
I've heard 4x scoops and 2x HD215 (so 4x HD) play together and it sounded sweet. Again, depends on the application!
You can't polish a turd!
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 7:06pm
go for reflex 18"s and some good 2x12"+comp tops ;)
An old trs mk1/2 rig refurbished rig will cost you less money and time, is more accepted and has a decent resale value.. (just an example, many other similar rigs out there that could be had for cheap)
Dont know why you are fixed on the x1, bph, horn idea tbh., for multi purpose its not exactly what i would choose.. as soon as you get proper jobs it isnt either ;)

6 good single 18"s + 212 Tops would suit the transport, storage, setup much better imo :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 7:13pm
Because I've already built the x1 subs Alex and I get pleasure out of building my own speakers why spend money on somebody else's effort to then take no pride in the workmanship of the speakers after all if I wanted a ready made rig I could have bought that anywhere and I wouldn't be on this forum would I so that's why I'm TRANSFIXED On my rig I am building
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>