Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X12 Crossover Points

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forward Motion SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X12 Crossover Points
    Posted: 21 December 2012 at 8:19pm
Could someone tell me what crossover settings i need for the X12's I've just built?
There loaded with P-Audio BM2-D750 2" on a P-Audio 2723 Horn with BMS 12S320 low mids.
I've sold my X1's so need these to go as low as they'll allow?
Any other settings for my ultradrive that could come in handy?

Cheers
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2012 at 9:30am
My own version of he X12 was happy to run down to 50hz with those BMS drivers although EQ is needed to get them that low flattish. Did you build them to the original X12 drawings? If so someone should be able to tell us the exact Fb.

When I used to run them on their own, with the Fb on my boxes at around 60hz and I used to HP at 45hz, they used to sound remarkably heavy as a few guys on the Forum can testify.

Tony

p.s. Those drivers are very robust and have a decent Xmax so will take quite a bit of EQ at high power. In fact a guy off here only this week asked exactly how do you manage to blow the buggers?

Edited by Tony Wilkes - 22 December 2012 at 9:32am
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
Forward Motion SS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forward Motion SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2012 at 12:16am
Hi Tony, I got the cabs setup today & they sound real good with the settings above.
The external height of my cabs are 1035mm with the same footprint & port dia as Rog's design. Would that make any difference to the crossover settings?

I really need a better powered amp then the EP2500 to do them real justice & to test them properly, but that'll have to wait until I've payed the tax man! Ouch
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2012 at 2:29am
Originally posted by Forward Motion SS Forward Motion SS wrote:

Hi Tony, I got the cabs setup today & they sound real good with the settings above.
The external height of my cabs are 1035mm with the same footprint & port dia as Rog's design. Would that make any difference to the crossover settings?

Only in so much as there is no point trying to extend the LF response too much below Fb

You really need to find out the value of Fb.

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
 Post Reply Post Reply