Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X12 driver and other questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vwbidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X12 driver and other questions
    Posted: 31 March 2006 at 3:57pm

I haven't found the P-Audio SD 740N driver here in the USA and was wondering if I could use the Selenium D3300Ti-DPD driver because its response looks sweet on that same horn? 

Using the P-audio SM 12MB will this cabinet keep up with high output 2 X 18" reflex cabinets in a 1 to 1 ratio crossed over around 80-120hz?

Also is there a reason I shouldn't wire the 12's in series (16 ohm load) so I can easily daisy chain 3 on a single bridged  2 ohm stable amp?

David

ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2006 at 6:01pm
All sounds fine to me.  You might even want more bass per X12 depending on the music type.

Your other option wiring wise is to buy 16Ohm SN12MB's and have an 8ohm load per box.  If you were using three per side that would work well.  Using an amp capable of say 1800W into 2.6Ohms per side each driver would get 300W which is fairly sensible.
LunchieTey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunchieTey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2006 at 7:15pm
How come you can get the sn12mb and not the comp driver? Surely the supplier can get one!
I've heard the seleniums, and they're good drivers

Wish in Australia they imported the 16ohm drivers though!
Speaker addict
vwbidder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vwbidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 7:38am

When I do a google search of the driver it only comes up in "out of the US" stores. I haven't actually contacted suppliers about getting it here.

Also The amps will be bridged so I need the 16 ohm load per cabinet to safely gang 3 to an amp. 

I would be getting the 8 ohm versions on the Seleniums and making the curcuit 16 ohms in the xover/attenuation curcuit. 

LunchieTey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunchieTey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2006 at 7:23pm

Ahh an E-bay shopper...If you actually ring a dealer, they'll have them.I think P-audio do them in a 16 ohm version too?

Nothing wrong with the selenium though

Speaker addict
vwbidder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vwbidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2006 at 11:49am
Originally posted by LunchieTey LunchieTey wrote:

Ahh an E-bay shopper..

Hey!!! I Love Ebay!!!

Bubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2006 at 7:09pm
Hey I am also looking for the sn740 as well. Loudspeakersplus told me the  sd750 will work but I dont know for sure

Edited by Bubba - 08 April 2006 at 7:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply