Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X12 MkII ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X12 MkII ?
    Posted: 25 September 2013 at 8:47am
Having been asked to do loads of slightly different drawings of a double 12" + Comp I have decided to do a standardised version for public consumption (assuming anybody wants to eat).

Although the 12" is from my prefered brand a quick troll thru the specs of other drivers has shown that there are suitable drivers from most of the big players, especially B&C and Faital.

Even changed the port position to suit the non-believers :)

The 1" is a BMS 4547 on a Faital LTH102 waveguide crossed at 1.4K (as my own boxes)

Before anyone asks there will not be a version with a 1.4", 1.5" etc. although there is a version for the 4592/4590 :)

We all know that a 1" will not possibly keep up or go low enough to meet the 12's so I look forward to increased replacement diaphragm sales.

The drawing is only available as a stp. file and I assume the box builders on the Forum, especially TMAL would love to do you a flat-pack etc.

Tony

www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
colinmono View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 9:13am
Very kind of you Tony, I'm sure there will be a few of these built!

Which BMS 12" is it designed around? What's the tuning frequency?
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 9:47am
Originally posted by colinmono colinmono wrote:

Very kind of you Tony, I'm sure there will be a few of these built!

Which BMS 12" is it designed around? What's the tuning frequency?

12S320/12N620  60hz

Tony

Edited by Tony Wilkes - 25 September 2013 at 10:13am
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Tony Wilkes Tony Wilkes wrote:

Having been asked to do loads of slightly different drawings of a double 12" + Comp I have decided to do a standardised version for public consumption (assuming anybody wants to eat).

Although the 12" is from my prefered brand a quick troll thru the specs of other drivers has shown that there are suitable drivers from most of the big players, especially B&C and Faital.

Even changed the port position to suit the non-believers :)

The 1" is a BMS 4547 on a Faital LTH102 waveguide crossed at 1.4K (as my own boxes)

Before anyone asks there will not be a version with a 1.4", 1.5" etc. although there is a version for the 4592/4590 :)

We all know that a 1" will not possibly keep up or go low enough to meet the 12's so I look forward to increased replacement diaphragm sales.

The drawing is only available as a stp. file and I assume the box builders on the Forum, especially TMAL would love to do you a flat-pack etc.

Tony

That is how real business is done :-).

Good work Tony.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 10:41am
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 4:13pm
nice. just got some double 12 + comp built myself

stitchy View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stitchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 5:51pm
nice luton, what they loaded with? they would sit well above my staiper 15 microscoops
b grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 6:36pm
Tempted to build a pair of the mkIIs.  Those look really nice.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 9:29pm
Whats with all those connectors on the back?

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Whats with all those connectors on the back?

Biamp, one for Hi and one for Midbass, with link i guess...
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 10:30pm
on this forum is you're not using birch ply and nl8s for everything you're doing something seriously wrong! :)
Qautermass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qautermass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 11:57pm
Very nicely built luke , is that td360 horn  does it sound nice to the ear .
 Post Reply Post Reply