Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

x15 angles and cut sheets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenwconcannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x15 angles and cut sheets
    Posted: 30 January 2008 at 1:31am
does anyone already have the angle and cu sheets make up for the x15s drawn out? save me alot of time
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 2:04am
Don't build X15's as-is.  They're much bigger than they need to be for most applications.  Choose your drivers then design a box round them.  It's quite straightforward when you get into it...
stephenwconcannon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenwconcannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 2:30am
i have bought the drivers specified in the plan, why arnt the plans updated if they are inefficient ? are there updated plans ?

Edited by stephenwconcannon - 30 January 2008 at 2:31am
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2008 at 12:51pm
Which driver selection, did you go for the 1" HF or the larger option.

There's nothing really wrong with the plans, all I'm saying is that for a 15" reflex + compression driver box they're a bit big.  You can build them as-is, or you can reduce the size to make them easier to cart about without loosing much in the way of performance.

A lot of Rog's plans on the site are optimised for first time builders and as such are as simple as possible.  There is scope to optimise them a bit.

stephenwconcannon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenwconcannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2008 at 1:46am
the compression driver i went for is the bm-d740 would be nice to get small plans but i dont have the expeirence to modifiy the X15
Danmounter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danmounter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 7:05pm
Would I be a million miles out in suggesting maybe cutting down the sizes to something closer to a Martin LE400 and keep the existing woofer, comp driver and xover network from the X15? Guidance from one of the more knowledgeable people on this forum might be able to suggest if I'm right. LE400 design is more easily transported, especially when cased in pairs, and adds the flexibility of two different angles during use.

I'm having an attempt at calculating the boxes I want in WinISD, and so far they look quite acceptable for live band use.

Dan
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2008 at 9:08am
well there you go then.
go for it.!!!
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2008 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by stephenwconcannon stephenwconcannon wrote:

the compression driver i went for is the bm-d740 would be nice to get small plans but i dont have the expeirence to modifiy the X15

Did you build the original in the end? or did you modify it?
Zollax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zollax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2008 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by stephenwconcannon stephenwconcannon wrote:

does anyone already have the angle and cu sheets make up for the x15s drawn out? save me alot of time

I would like to ask the same question. realy need to know the angle...

Edited by Zollax - 02 October 2008 at 11:35am
Reflux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reflux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2008 at 7:20am
I'm working on the X15 at the moment and have drawn up my own cutsheets. I've done them by hand though so cannot post online, but the angle for the mitres is 10.7deg.

I found this tool really helpful for calculating angles:

http://www.carbidedepot.com/formulas-trigright.asp

Some basic trigonometry knowledge helps too!

Edited by Reflux - 03 October 2008 at 8:07am
Zollax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zollax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2008 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Reflux Reflux wrote:

I'm working on the X15 at the moment and have drawn up my own cutsheets. I've done them by hand though so cannot post online, but the angle for the mitres is 10.7deg.

I found this tool really helpful for calculating angles:

http://www.carbidedepot.com/formulas-trigright.asp

Some basic trigonometry knowledge helps too!

Thanks Embarrassed this was very helpful Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply