Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X32 repair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aziz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X32 repair
    Posted: 17 October 2017 at 12:17am
Anyone here familiar with the X32,I have a X32 producer that will not power up.
The phantom power leds on the back of the desk all light up but nothing else,
Would it be a easy enough repair so I could get someone local to do it or would I have to send it back to berry,
It's just under three years old but I bought it used just six months ago
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2017 at 11:52am
X32 is modular inside, vids on youtube of how to open it up, opens like a book if you use some small cable ties, should be pretty straight forward to check the rails on tge psu, psu is about £100 IRRC
aziz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aziz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2017 at 12:46pm
Yeah had it open and checked the connections,my meter is acting up so couldnt measure what's coming off the ps.
Probably will bring it to a buddy of mine tomorrow for him to have a look at it and see if it can be fixed or just get a new ps
Thanks
Brutus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brutus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2017 at 2:46pm
behringer expanded their warranty --> 10 years.. (was a brief notice) on facebook. iam not aware if it true tho.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2017 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Brutus Brutus wrote:

behringer expanded their warranty --> 10 years.. (was a brief notice) on facebook. iam not aware if it true tho.

It is true, immediately, for all MUSIC Group products.
aziz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aziz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2017 at 4:56pm
I've sent a email to care@musicgroup and haven't heard anything back from them.
I think the 10 year warranty only applies to Midas and lab gruppen though and since I bought it used I don't think the warranty covers me
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2017 at 7:54pm
As you have opened it up it will be voided manufacture warranty anyway.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
aziz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aziz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2017 at 8:48pm
Yeah,that thought went thru my head but went your out on a gig and getting a replacement was going to take an hour and there's 45 minutes to the start on the gig and your praying that's it just a unlodged connector,well your going to take that chance
 Post Reply Post Reply