Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xilica neutrino a8080 advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kieranearth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xilica neutrino a8080 advice
    Posted: 01 May 2017 at 4:20pm
I'm looking for a DSP to run my rig which will consists off lab horns (6/12) usbs 2/4 and a couple of tops thinking xtros ATM, is a xilica a8080 a good DSP for my needs for £650, or should I get another if so any advice and why? Thanks
Kieranearth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kieranearth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:40am
Or to simplify my question, is the a0808 worth £650? And is it the best DSP for the job? What DSP's do you guys on here recommend I want a decent bit of kit that won't need replacing any time soon, quality is what I'm after ideally
Shortrope View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shortrope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 11:33am
I can recommend the db mark XCA series.
My Tinnitus is coming along nicely!!
Kieranearth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kieranearth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 11:41am
Okay well the db mark XCA48 is a similar price other than both having 8 outputs how do they compare? Thanks
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 12:11pm
Neutrino range is a modular programmable unit aimed at installs or preconfigured racks. It's meant to be paired with wall panels etc, and you will need to design your own signal flow and program each section to make it work.

It also uses Phoenix connectors on the rear, not XLR, so you will need premade tails or a fixed patch panel.

They're good units and that's a good price, but if you're wanting to make changes on a show, it's probably not ideal. Read their quick start guide and see if you're up to the task of programming:
http://www.xilica.com.au/downloads/neutrino/Neutrino-Quick-Start-Guide-v1.1.pdf

Edited by toastyghost - 03 May 2017 at 12:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply