Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

xone 32 problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: xone 32 problem
    Posted: 10 May 2015 at 6:17pm
my allen and heath xone 32 has developed a problem and i was wondering if anyone else has had this trouble and knows the cause.

when you listen in on the other channel (button depressed and red light on) you can faintly hear it come through on the master and booth. if you then unplug the headphones while its doing this, it stops happening? 

many thanks
the midtops!
service dept Steve View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote service dept Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 4:32pm
Do the crossfade and fx work perfectly or are they slightly "transparent?" are all the lights at full brightness? do you see incorrect lights flashing on the front panel? Have you got 8 ohm headphones?

We are not "They", We are "The others"http://www.servicedept.co.uk -
munkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 12:15pm
fx work fine. no dodgy lights coming on or unusual brightness. the x fader had been damaged by someone while loaned out and has been removed until i fit  a new one. i do not know the ohm rating of my headphones. they are seinheiser hd335's
the midtops!
service dept Steve View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote service dept Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 12:32pm
I was thinking that the power supply might be ageing but that always brings other problems with it, not always obviously to do with the power supply. I don't think that you should waste too much time trying to diagnose faults when parts of the circuitry are missing, it could conceivably be due to the crossfade circuitry picking up the stray noise, maybe not but replace it then check again.
We are not "They", We are "The others"http://www.servicedept.co.uk -
munkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 1:33pm
many thanks
the midtops!
Andrei123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrei123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2019 at 6:43am
hello, I bought a xone 32 a week ago and I'm facing the same problem as you, with the faders down and the headphones with the button pressed down I will sound in the speakers when I get them no longer heard. Please tell me if you solved the problem.

Many thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply