Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X-TRO 8 POLE TRI-AMPING

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WILLIAM12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X-TRO 8 POLE TRI-AMPING
    Posted: 02 May 2012 at 3:04pm
hi ive i have a pair of x-tros fitted with two 8 pole connections on the back. I understand i need to tri-amp the cabs with one 8 core cable but how do i go from 3 amps to one speakon connection as there would be 3 cables coming from the amps ? is there some sort of signal splitter that needs to go between the 3 amps and cab to make it into one cable?
thanks 
Wrek0ne View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wrek0ne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 3:25pm
Make up a rack panel with one female 8 core out and three 2 core speakons off the back of it fed to the amps with the correct poles so each amp output is powering a positive and a negative pole within the 8 core wire.

REMEMBER to label your speakons so your plugging them into your amps the correct way if you remove amps etc. 8 core makes things very quick and easy but only when you have to correct preparation.

Poll this!
WILLIAM12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WILLIAM12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 5:13pm
thanks. 
ivie got a ultradrive for my 4 bins, could i wire the x-tros though that swell at the same time? or would i need a sperate one just for the x-tors?
Grinner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 5:19pm
from ya ultradrive, run ya 4 bins  summed mono,
15" in xtro summed mono,
 8" and 1" inch stereo.

well thats what i would do.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WILLIAM12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 5:30pm
ok so id be able to fit it alone one ultradrive? 
godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Grinner Grinner wrote:

from ya ultradrive, run ya 4 bins  summed mono,
15" in xtro summed mono,
 8" and 1" inch stereo.

well thats what i would do.

Yeah that's the same set up I have, I run my scoops and the 15's in mono then the 8" and 1" in stereo.

My xtros are wired up with two 4-pole connections on the back of the cabs, 15's on one and the 8" and compression on the other, run that all into the patch panel. simple.

I'm assuming the ultradrive has six outs on the rear, but you will still need a patch panel for it to all work

Edited by godge - 03 May 2012 at 8:25pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WILLIAM12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 6:05pm
thanks 
what would be good cheap amps to r?un them off 
godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 2:40pm
I don't know about cheap amps but I do know what a perfect little amp rack would be for them, it's what I'm aiming to have.

All running matrix, xt5000 on the 15's, xt2000 on the 8's and the xt800 on the compression, with a processor as well it would fit nicely into a 6u rack.

Post Reply Post Reply