Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X-tro build so far

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2011 at 4:54pm
Here's a few updates pictures of my build. Both cabs are finished now ready to be loaded. The second one was much easier to build that the first cab was but I'm very happy with how both have turned out considering it's not the easiest of builds and my first.

Will get a coat of paint on them over the weekend and then I really will be a very happy man.

Thanks again Tom (Stableaudio) for the horn and wood.

chris_k View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2011 at 5:25pm
Nice work.
Regarding rounding over. I would definatly do it. It massivly helps with preventing delaminations of the ply.
AUDIO HABIT View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2011 at 6:48pm
fantastic build dude,would you mind if i put them on the sp facebook page,im sure there would be plenty of people that would love to see these
https://www.facebook.com/fxstageproductions
godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2011 at 6:50pm
not a problem mate, there's a few other pictures on the first page, some good shots of the cabinet without the side on
AUDIO HABIT View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2011 at 6:52pm
yeah thanks got them all ,will upload them now ,and add new ones as and when you put them up ..that really is a wicked job you have done there
https://www.facebook.com/fxstageproductions
godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2011 at 6:57pm
Cheers, I know I got it as a flat pack but it still takes a considerable bit of skill to fit a cabinet like that together and to get it all lining up perfectly.

It's my first build but I'm very happy with the finished product, might build myself something easier next, thinking of some g-subs next to go with my mates scoops he's having done. the g-subs look a lot easier to build
Ryan94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2011 at 7:16pm
+1 on rounding over, makes them look alot more proffesional. I must say its a loverly build though, and im loving the horns.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2011 at 10:19am
good stuff!

are you drilling pilot holes? only ask because the top right of the first pic, it looks like it might have split slightly... you can stop this happening by drilling before screwing...

i'd love to hear some xtros really, very curious about them..
godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2011 at 10:34am
Yeah i think I missed a few pilot holes here and there, you can see in the second picture down just how many screws are in that thing, its solid as a rock though so he's not going anywhere
`Matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote `Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2011 at 11:08am
Very nice build you have got there. The horn flares look so sexy LOL
Simon Rains View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Rains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2011 at 5:55pm
Loving the look of those fluorescent yellow horns! 
streetsounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2011 at 4:39pm
ClapClapClap Very well built..envy your skill, what sort of drivers are you gonna install. What bottom speakers are you going to pair with this.
Bass matters...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>