Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X-Tro wiring configuration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X-Tro wiring configuration
    Posted: 24 July 2011 at 11:45am
Ok so my cabs are built and the drivers are sat in the garage waiting to be loaded. I've currently got four NLF4 speakon sockets on the rear of the cabinet but am just wondering which is the best way to link it all up.

Do I run the 15's off one and the 8" and the compression off the other or, I'm thinking of adding another pair of NLF4's so that the 8" and the compression are running off their own channel.

I don't want to go down the 8-pole route so any advice on the simplest  or best wiring configuration would be greatly appreciated, I want to get these wired up and partying very soon

godge
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 12:06pm
i would put the 15s on one, and the 8" on pins +-1, and the 1" on pins +-2 of the other..
godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 1:57pm
So can I split the signal for the 8" and the 1" with the NLF4 as there is no internal crossover in them
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 2:20pm
well yeah you have to. they need an amp channel each. so at the amp end you either use a 4 channel amp, or a pair of amps or whatever, and a patch panel so that the amps are connected to the 4 pole speakon in that way.
SBC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 2:37pm
you could get two amps both powerful enough to do the 8"

run mid (LEFT) on one channel and the tops (LEFT) on the other channel

same for the RIGHTs on the other amp.

and then plug a 4core into output A  - on many amps, channel B also comes out on +-2 of channel A

would avoid the need for a patch panel for now. make the sure the amps can do it first obviously.

you'd have loads of headroom on the 1" then too LOL

but maybe think about using 8 core system on xtros in the future... 

Edited by SBC - 24 July 2011 at 2:39pm
F.T.S.S.
Tocooltom View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tocooltom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 9:38am
Ive just been making this decision on the custom tops I'm having designed.

I am thinking of using an 8core cable to keep things simple, and like you say, having a patch panel made to fit in the rack that connects the amps in the correct manner. That way i can leave my rack set up when I'm on the move, and bish bash bosh 4 cables into the panel when i set up :)
 Post Reply Post Reply