Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

yamaha Amp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yamaha Amp
    Posted: 11 April 2020 at 6:09pm
hello, i have a old yamaha surround sound amp and there is a slight problem. I am used this for years now and there has never been a problem with it until 5 mins ago, Was just playing a video and the sound shot up to max volume randomly and i can't turn it down, The volume nob still turns how it should but does not affect the volume in any way. i just turned the video down on my pc but there is a horrible static sound coming through the speakers still, can anyone recommend how this is has happened
Best regards, Scott Best
just love jungle tbh
godathunder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godathunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2020 at 9:15pm
a squirt of contact cleaner into the volume pot /rotary encoder and a bit of general visual inspection is likely to be a good start
LOUDER THAN LOUD
scottyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2020 at 6:05pm
sorry for late reply, i can't see much inside without taking the front panel off. i have taken the volume knob off and i am pretty sure it has something to do with the rotary encoder.
cheers for the advice 
just love jungle tbh
 Post Reply Post Reply