Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 amps, or 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djshaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2010 at 11:00am
re-read your first post, okay seeing as you aint built them yet, wouldnt bother with the 122's as theyre quite big cabs and not cheap to load.

if it was me (okay, this is what i DID build) i had 2 gsubs and 2 reflex tops (such as the x12) theyre a perfect match.
jonny4288 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonny4288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2010 at 5:04pm
wouldnt bother with mt122's for house parties, way too much spl for inside a house, would go with a relfex midtop much cheaper solution for your needs too

Edited by jonny4288 - 27 June 2010 at 5:06pm
mt122's usb2's
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2010 at 5:25pm
yeah i'd start with something like a pair of X15s, or similar. these will work as good full range cabs for house parties (loud for house parties), you can then add subs under as funds allow.. and in time, if you've enough bass to call for a pair of tops like mt122s, then you can use the x15s as dj monitors or similar, or a smaller system.
sKs01 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2010 at 6:31pm
buy an ultradrive best £200 I've ever spent. heard the xti's on a variety of occasions and i'm really not a fan if you must use them get a 2000 for your tops and a 4000 on mids but go for either the xls's or get something from qsc, ev, some of the older crown stuff or crest second hand and you wont go wrong, also their really isnt any point having all that top end and no bass. buy 2 12's and the compression drivers build some x12's out of mdf and once you can afford at least 3 G-subs then it would be time to build some mt 122's as you'll actually need the efficiency, until then its just more impractical than its worth.
You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
raffe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 8:54am
thanks for your help everyone :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12