Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Box builders brad nail gun?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2020 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by JonB67 JonB67 wrote:

I don't agree. An air nailer/stapler is quick and doesnt have to be expensive. Why not use one? 
You're allowed to dissagree, but I am not sure for how much longerLOL
Mykey Wattco
Digbethdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2020 at 8:07pm
The vonhaus I got from amazon, I've now used, 2 sticks of brads and it seems OK. The control for 'power' seems to do naff all. And it doesn't have a soft foot, so tends to leave a mark. Apart from that I've done what I needed it for, and now it's in stock for when I might need it again. 
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2020 at 9:03pm
Can't beat a Paslode nail gun 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2020 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by woody2 woody2 wrote:

You don't want to be putting nails into ply 
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2020 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Digbethdave Digbethdave wrote:

Originally posted by woody2 woody2 wrote:

You don't want to be putting nails into ply 

IM65- F16 is built for it.

Edited by woody2 - 23 August 2020 at 10:05pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2020 at 10:37pm
OK, cheers. I'll keep that in mind. But since I've got air, and a cheapo brad gun, I'll keep with that, until I feel the need 
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2020 at 7:46pm
It's everything, not everythink!
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2020 at 8:21pm
You left a space on the end of that URL so it didn't work, this will do the job:

Edited by BJtheDJ - 26 August 2020 at 8:22pm
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
msoundsystem View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msoundsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 7:13pm
So after using the clark bandit compressor and nail gun recommended by Markie, i can confim its a fantastic piece of kit! Effortlessly fires brads into plywood/mdf. Takes a moment to set it up out the box but when its running its perfect. The only criticism is the quick release on the end of the airline to the gun leaks sometime,  iv just ordered another coupling kit to put on the end so its all good.. well worth £140 tho!!!! Makes lining up and holding panels in place while putting screws in a dream! Put it through its paces building 6 cabs and 5000 brads later. 

markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 9:17pm
Every so often Machinemart have VAT free offers. Mine was only about £115.00 when I bought it.

Edited by markie - 09 October 2020 at 9:18pm
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
citizensc View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizensc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 10:19pm
Is it possible to build a good quality cab with out screws? In the past I have always had a second person around so one person just holds the panels while the other drives in a screw with an impact driver. 

Can you just glue an staple a cab together and expect it to last? 

I am thinking of building then clear coating some cabs and I don't want a bunch of ugly screw heads down the side. 

Answer like I know nothing, I have never used a powered nail/staple gun before. 
JulianDA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulianDA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 11:57pm
Just remember that a good glue joint is stronger than the sorrounding wood. If you can manage to get enough clamping-pressure on the joint while glueing, it will be as strong as if it had screws. 
For me, the screws are just clamps for glueing and for holding the panels in the right place before the glue has set.
But i have to admit, that i just leave them in there... just to ease my mind a little LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>