Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ciare 12sw horn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ciare 12sw horn
    Posted: 13 June 2010 at 6:18pm
Considering that the punisher horn goes not low enough for some applications,
i wanted to create a new horn with ciare 12.00sw that goes lower.
box size is about ~80x35x100cm with each 1 ciare.
minimum configuration is 2 horns per side i would say.
i set it as an offset horn and got the best results with s1=s2=s3 as you can see in the pictures below.
any opinions about that?are there any reasons why it could get problems?
simulation is 2 horns in 0,5pi so 8 horns total

btw can anybody explain how to calculate the missing parts that i coloured lilac in the last picture?
if you dont mention them with hornresp and do it over the whole distance with "con"
as in my example they have to be round or am i wrong?
sry for difficulties in expressing what i want to say hope you understandDead

airbell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 4:50pm
okay to ask maybe more direct, is the simulation correct as an offset horn with these parameters according to my sketch?and will it work with this narrow angles inside the box?
thx
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 7:19pm
How did you come by the value of 100 for Eg?
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
airbell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 9:44pm
oh it was just to calculate with a little bit extra power than aes standard.
i think its not important.1000w would have been 89,44V/8Ohm.
i m wondering more about the construction and if it will work as in my simulation?!!
Centauri View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Centauri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 2:10am
With the section in front of the driver not expanding, it would not be part of the horn, but would be included as front chamber volume (in addition to the volume inside the cone).  The horn starts where expansion starts, so is not an offset driver horn.
FlipC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 6:01am
Take a look at this.

http://worldconspiracy.org/speakers/dualciar.text

Note - the output will be smoother than the graph shows. Wont explain it here. You want to read up on why. Go over to DiyAudio.com and also read Danleys white papers on TH'.

This will probably be pretty flat to 150 Hz
Good down to 32 hz And notice it is a single cab in half space.
Centauri View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Centauri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 8:07am
Also note that with a combined Sd of 980cm^2 from two drivers, a throat of 200cm^2 represents a compression ratio of nearly 5:1, which will most likely cause damage to the drivers...
airbell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 3:22pm
yes i was worrying about comp ratio too...know usually its lower.

@FlipC
Sry i did research the whole afternoon but didnt find anything about an offset horn
(or not offset horn) like this.maybe you could give some advice?
So you think this simulation is correct and will give an even flatter response than in
this graph?or was your statement related to tapped horns?

thanks to all!

airbell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2013 at 1:02am
Dont know if i ve posted it already..was in november 2011 :)

airbell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2013 at 1:22am
above you have 2x mt121, 1 with experimental phaseplug, one without, in the middle some experimental linearray waveguides with bms4550 (worked very well but later more if i have more time...), each side 2 half usbs, right side 2 kme coax tops (loud, but not good at hf and heavy as hell!).
the car isnt mine ;)
Sheggy View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2013 at 8:41am
These look wicked. Where do you crossover and do you use a HPF? And what amps do you drive them off?

Don't know why there aren't more designs like these?

S
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2013 at 2:38pm
Looks great Airbell, like the simple layout, box is about the same size as a punisher so getting them to go lower with the same size box is a good achievement.   How do they sound?  Have you compared them to punishers? 
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>