Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I need a smoke/haze machine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2008 at 2:11pm
A couple of three RASTAS and a few waterpipes will do the trick! Write it all down and thats the timing sorted,.....
a butterfly can cause an whirl wind!
Plant a sead and JAH WORKS BE DONE!!
CHAMPION View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAMPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 11:50am
couple of Rasta's  should do the trick...
Sticks n Stones
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 10:35pm
thanks for all the advise guys

big thanks to Paul for the JEM ZR22...

great machine

i am so impressed i want another one!

So if anyone else has a JEM-ZR22 + flightcase they want to sell please contact me!

Cheers
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 11:38pm
not sure that will be anywhere big enough for over 1000 people venues, but in reality you will unlikely get anything bigger than that so is all good.

Id have got a hazer personally, its much more functional, more venue friendly, and just generally more pleasant for all involved.

For reference, the internal heating element and pumping mech in my machine which you have seen is scrumped from a magnum 2000, the model twice the size of the ZR22.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2008 at 11:43pm
well,with a good fan, the 22 will do haze for venues of 2000+ - i know, ive done it!

unless you can afford a proper oil cracker like a df50, then the best way to go is a decent smoke machine which you can run low continuously, and a really good fan

water based haze machines are only small moke machines with fans, and a big price tag 
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2008 at 12:03am
i just want a nice fine covering of thin fog/haze not plumes of white smoke

if i dont find another zr22 i might get a magnum 2k

but i would have to research how reliable they are first
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2008 at 12:10am

Pat

i have done some reserch... are you sure the magnum 2k produces more smoke?  looks quite close on paper.

explain yourself young man

ps. i hear JEM is a better brand and martin smoke machines werent that good

csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2008 at 12:15am
same factory these days - spend your money on a proper blower, not a desk fan, 

im covering a 100 by 25m marquee with my trusty effects company supersmoke 1000 running at 25% tonight - and thats a smaller machine than the 22

Djdarch View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djdarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2008 at 12:18am
hi mate the magnum 2k is no better than the zr22 you have, i would say the zr22 was a better machine , reliabilty of the magnums may be an issue, a local hire company had 3 , all are now out of service.

Having said all that, i have a zr22 thats flightcased thats stopped working, it used to work a ok and really blast out the smoke, then got a bit hit and miss and would only heat when it wanted to. Now it doesnt work at all, i was thinking that it needs a new heater block or can they be repaired??

H... View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2008 at 6:46am
Windy fans can be triggered by dmx me seems to remember
pk1964 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pk1964 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2008 at 8:57pm
nice to see the machine as a good new home
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Djdarch Djdarch wrote:

hi mate the magnum 2k is no better than the zr22 you have, i would say the zr22 was a better machine , reliabilty of the magnums may be an issue, a local hire company had 3 , all are now out of service.

Having said all that, i have a zr22 thats flightcased thats stopped working, it used to work a ok and really blast out the smoke, then got a bit hit and miss and would only heat when it wanted to. Now it doesnt work at all, i was thinking that it needs a new heater block or can they be repaired??

take the lid off and have a good poke around. Its a very simple design inside, quite possibly just a contact filled with sticky glucocrud or something thats gotten a wee bit warm!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>