Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I need a smoke/haze machine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2008 at 3:20pm

to HBL:

ive just found the magnum to be better than the zr22 - used to have one of each in our venue before we upgraded to haze machines. slightly better throw out the machine, and has a slightly larger heat block and element in, so can blat out smoke harder if needed, and the kinetic energy and element can keep up for ages.

i must say you cant beat the zr22's reliability however, better build and higher quality components. Had both the machines said on the workbench after they got decommisioned for a nosey (as i do with all equipment to make the nights pass faster). The magnum eventually fried its circuit board, so the venue decided to just get a nice hazer, and scrap the magnum. I nicked it, and transferred the internals to my crap chinese thing and rewired the circuitry.

seconded on the fan, the crome industrial ones with tilt stands are especially usefull and cheap on ebay. all the touring companies turn up with them. If you want to be posh, you can get a nice little DMX switchpack and remotely switch it, or depending on the motor type use a dimming pack and control it (unlikely as most will have small DC motors).
Preacher View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2009 at 8:16pm
ZR22 was pretty much standard on all big west end musicals back in the 90s (I lost count of the ones I used as a stage LX on many shows). So a very decent machine, and Martin brought out Jem back then as well. Jem also used to do a Water-Cracker Haze machine, bloody loud bugger LOL, so never took of in a big way (also think the DF50 came out soon after).
Stone Lion Sound System, The Garden City Rockers. It's all about the music & the vibe.
Dj Maca Roots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj Maca Roots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by bitzo bitzo wrote:

There's a DIY solution Tongue

http://www.authorsden.com/categories/article_top.asp?catid=10&id=31395

That's what we do Wink

Can't Stop Jah Music
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2009 at 12:12pm
is that jasmineyin@msn.com  ???
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2009 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

is that jasmineyin@msn.com  ???

haha! good job speakerplans isn't easily searchable on google!
me so horny, me love you long throw.
jonminns View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonminns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2009 at 8:56pm
The tour hazer in the flightcase is a look unique mk1, the look mk 2 is a brilliant machine

Obviously you're sorted now, but i would have said anyway the best method is a decent controllable fogger & a fan, that's all non oil based machines are anyway

ps use the proper martin fluid!

Jon
BigOne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2009 at 7:27pm
IF YOUR STILL INTERESTED THEN I HAVE A NEAR NEW JEM ZR 22 SMOKE MACHINE , USED 3 TIMES FROM NEW AND ONLY FOR A PHOTOSHOOT TO SHOW LIGHT BEAMS SO ITS IN MINT CONDITION .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123