Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LAMBDA LABS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LAMBDA LABS
    Posted: 06 February 2021 at 11:09am
Be seeing you.
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2021 at 2:25pm
Are you selling this product?

djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2021 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by JonB67 JonB67 wrote:

Are you selling this product?

If so, as adverts go, it's a great start. Got me hooked from the beginning!Big smile
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
Noyzmunky View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2021 at 3:37pm
Some sort of european version of chinglish on the site..... Not quite esperanto...but...
my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!.
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2021 at 4:30pm
Nice website. Never knew of an Austrian speaker company before.

The horn loaded mid-top boxes remind me of Meyer MSL-10.
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2021 at 5:17pm
As far as i can trace they grew out of a shed into a supplier of quite nice systems for the club scene eand from there diversified. Their austrian distributor Pro Performance by wolfgang sauter has a cool philosophy that room treatment is equal to a great sound system, so has a exotic mixture of Alcons and pro performance systems with sh*tloads of baffles and such installed.. 
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2021 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by APC321 APC321 wrote:

Nice website. Never knew of an Austrian speaker company before.

The horn loaded mid-top boxes remind me of Meyer MSL-10.

Yes, I was thinking of somewhere between an MSL-10 and a Res 9.

Good luck to them, it's nice to see a manufacturer in Austria. Reminded me of my time at the Alt Fabrik in the 1990's...

I wonder who the owners are?

bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2021 at 10:55pm
the qx 12" lowmids are indeed quite oldskool, not much has changed physically since those msl10s have been developed.. they do work, just like they did in any previous "version", within reason.
the MHF of those qx tops does differ a lot to conventional 2"/1" comps arrays though.
basically those are multiple cone loaded mini unity/synergy horns, in an asymetrical, arrayable horn, they do work well imho, overall i was not that impressed with those though (edit, not in that configs/circumstances i have heard them, at least..)

the 215 kicks are very similar to msl5s, again, not much has changed significantly in terms of whats achievable within passband/volume/spl etc. ;)

the dh18s are a "custom" take on a mix of many Danley cabs, its basically a TH, quite similar to the th118 but with a `custom` 4ohm nlw9601 and the adapted mouth options of the dts10/thspud.., tbh. i didnt like them much, tuned too high, nowhere near its `specs`, loads of driver noise too imo

the k18 amps do sound clean, no hiss, no rumble, i am not sure about the 3ph tripple powercon input though, its not ideal imo, also theres not a single usefull measurement of those available since they have been launched about 3 years ago.. i highly doubt the informal 4x4kw RMS! at 4ohm figure..

Edited by bass*en*mass - 08 February 2021 at 7:24pm
andariel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2021 at 11:25am
Originally posted by bass*en*mass bass*en*mass wrote:

basically those are multiple cone loaded mini unity/synergy horns, in an asymetrical, arrayable horn

It is some sort of horizontal line array with a fixed angle with a seamless overlap acting as one source. A synergy horn or the MSLs are totally different (point sources) and have interferences in the overlap area of the individual horns.
Throw can be much larger with such a technology.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2021 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by andariel andariel wrote:

Originally posted by bass*en*mass bass*en*mass wrote:

basically those are multiple cone loaded mini unity/synergy horns, in an asymetrical, arrayable horn

It is some sort of horizontal line array with a fixed angle with a seamless overlap acting as one source. A synergy horn or the MSLs are totally different (point sources) and have interferences in the overlap area of the individual horns.

No mater which technology you use, the "throw" will be dictated by the SPL capability of the weakest section in the system. In this case it is either the 2x15 section or the 2x12 inch section. So having gazzilion HF drivers is of no particular advantage to me because the rest of the system can not keep up. Maybe in the marketing department it has advantages. 40 HF drivers in on horn, wooow :). I wonder now saturated is the sound coming out of a single 2/3/4 inch throat. Not sure how big is the throat, but that is the thing you can not avoid. It will get saturated very fast with so many drivers.

Edited by MarjanM - 10 February 2021 at 12:31pm
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
andariel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2021 at 1:12pm

Throw is a matter of technology. It is about how fast you loose SPL over distance and if you keep a linear response at larger hearing distances. It has nothing to do with SPL capability only.

At all large format line arrays the compression drivers cannot be strong enough and the limit when you bump up against air losses. For a single cabinet you might be correct, but this is likely not the intention of how the speakers are to be used.
meister_gue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meister_gue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2021 at 1:40pm
Quote ...tbh. i didnt like them much, tuned too high, nowhere near its `specs`...

I wonder where you heard them? I heard them at a few different events/locations and always had the impression of them going really low, so I`m wondering a bit.

Above the 12" section they are using 8*1" compression drivers and 32*2" cone drivers. Always sounds very clean and relaxed, no matter the volumen, but maybe I never heard it close to a limit...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>